THe OFFICIAL "Congratuations to Blue Devils" Thread

I post twice a year so here goes. Congratulations to both the Blue Devil A and B Corps for another amazing year. I have watched the corps since 1980, marched in the corps from 1985-1987 and have cheered them on for many years since. I HATE jazz (I know, sacrilege) and could not believe the amazing sights and sounds that came off the field this year. It was exciting, it was bizarre and it worked because the performers executed and made it look so easy. Congratulations to the Blue Devils staff for following their hearts and talents in creating something that stirred up controversy, discussion and will no doubt be talked about for years to come. Whether you loved the show (or hated it) the content was provocative, the youngsters were over the top talented and the 2010 Blue Devils will forever be remembered as "the" corps from 2010 that made the activity look at itself and question the status quo. This was a year of INCREDIBLE groups, I was blown away by the talent fielded by so many corps. The competition was worthy, unfortunately many of the fans were not.

I also stay away from posting on this forum, but I had to compliment you on such a well-written recap of this incredible year, and I agree with all your comments.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, In 2007 I was there with three other camera persons and we did NOT HEAR ANY taunting or rude remarks. I also have the videos and there is no evidence of disrespectful behavior. What I witnessed and documented on tape was a lot of happy people... everyone of them. They didn't even know we were next to them. Our cameras were ON the field during the whole retreat, not the side lines. You're welcome to come by our studios and review the 15 hours of footage we shot that day and see for yourself.

I can't explain bad behavior if one person did it but the idea that many did this is fabrication.

BTW... Good Job Blue Devils! I am proud to produce your next Tour DVD (my 7th production in 11 years).

15!

P.S. What happens when you stuff 1000 corps members into a stadium during a tornado warning? ...They mingle and chat with each other because they have friends in other corps. :)

review your footage, they were in the back, percussion i assume

but you (or another who quoted me) bring up a good point about an entire organization being defined by a few jerks.

Congratulations, Devils! I wish I had seen this show from a more centrally-located seat! What I saw from a fairly-low angle seat on the two-yard line was excellent, if not the kind of show I'd want to see all the time. But it is good to challenge the audience. Consider these comments from my favorite author on the subject of children's literature: "As soon as you limit your vocabulary to what you suppose to be within their reach, you in fact simply cut off the gifted ones from the chance of extending it".

Also, congratulation to the Peterson family, the latest family in the "Blue Devils Family Tree" to have 'multi-generational' champions! :tongue:

The other Blue Devils families with multi-generational champions are the Odello family (of course!), and the Bender family. :smile: