Injured Crown Member

I didn't see what led to it...the first thing I saw that something was amiss was one of the judges helping him off the field on the far left side, and when some staff noticed, they too rushed onto the field to help him get off. It happened either during the closer or right before, it was very close to the end of the show. Our prayers are with him and his family. FWIW, I had binoculars and I never saw any blood (I thought compound fracture meant it broke skin); HOWEVER, once he was on the sidelines there were enough people around him that it was difficult to see anything.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It happened right in front of me - I was about 12 rows from the bottom. I didn't see what caused it at all, but I saw them bringing them off the field. When he put weight on his foot, the way his leg looked, I too thought it was a compound fracture (not a good picture). I felt so awful for the kid and didn't finish watching the show at all.

It's good to hear it's only a single fracture. I've been thinking about this guy a lot, and I wish him the best.

Best wishes Ryan, I know section 138 is pulling for you!

Does anyone know if this was caught on the fan network? The EMT in me wants to see what the MOI was... !?!

Yeah, not sure .

I'm a FF/Medic. :0

Best wishes Ryan. A swift recovery from your injury.. Drum Corps certainly has taught us how to better ourselves and our corps! Trying to get off the field by himself was shear determination and a driven sense of dedication to his corps!! Kudos Ryan!!! :smile:

Ryan ... Hope everything went well this morning. You continue to be in our prayers. Hang in there!

Mr. Coates ... Thank-you for the update. Please keep us posted on Ryan's progress.

Can anyone explain how this happened? Was it a result of a fall?

They had just gotten to that company front at the end of the show right before it collapses, and right after he stood still, he was about to move and went down all of a sudden. I thought it was apart of the show for a second because certain members were stepping out of the front as usual, but then he was on the ground and tried to stand up. It was pretty scary. Judge ran to get him off the field because he almost got trampled.

Glad to find out he's ok. I wish him the best.