The Madison Scouts Congratulations Thread

Congratulations on an outstanding season Madison! As I began the tour with you I knew you had something special in store for DCI audiences. You might not be the official fan favorite but judging by all the standing ovations you received, you are the crowd's favorite!

You showed everyone how to entertain an audience and you didn’t need some silly theme to do it.

Welcome back to the Top 12 and here's to bigger and better things in 2011. I can't wait for the DVD to come out - I'm so buying it just to watch Madison over and over!

Way to GO! BYBO! MYNWA and God Bless ya.

:smile:

Edited by RBarron10

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats MADISON!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SHOW!! Stay with your roots.... Although you didn't get the scores you deserved, You had a great rebuilding year! 20 Tubas! WOW!!! What a sound.. " OLD SCHOOL" is where you belong.. Keep it up

:smile:

By far the most entertaining all round show......................you tore the house down..........don't let up...eventually the judging fraternaty will understand that the fans know entertainment for dollars spent.....will drive this venue much farther than their opinions?!

So great to see the Scouts back to what they do best!

I have to give you guys props Madison, your show was my personal favorite.... So full of energy.

But yea, by far, the best Madison show i've seen this decade. Haha.

I think the biggest story of the year has to be the Scouts. I know BD winning their 14th was huge as was the 'Coats coming in 3rd but given the last few seasons a lot of people didn't think Madison would even make Finals this year much less come in 10th. That's a HUGE stride in the right direction and I can't wait to see what they pull off in 2011. BYBO!

Congratulations on a magnificent season! Loved you in Erie, and can't wait to experience your show all all over again on the DVD!!! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a nice little conversation on the phone with the president of the Corps, he sounded giddy about the 2010 season and what the future holds for us all. Thank you to everyone for a great 2010 season. Please blow my face off agian in 2011. As I say, get the crowd and everything else will follow.

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

he he he, I said giddy.

Someone asserted in another thread that I no longer post on Madison's threads because of some veiled threat of harm or some BoD involvement.

Not true. The fact is...I didn't have very much to complain about. Yeah, the guantlets were a little big compared to the rest of the look from shoulder to tip of finger, I would fix that.

That's it...merely...nothing. It was a season filled with potential pitfalls...Slaughter and Rhapsody could have been meek imitations of past success. They most definitely were not.

Everything I thought would happen when announcements started trickling in last fall...one Jim after another being announced to the staff. All of that giddy excitement has been realized in the outcome of this season.

Madison...you guys were awesome. I stood and cheered 3 times during your show. It was far from the polite slow standing ovation the kids got in past years only to pay respect for their efforts.

Thanks to all the guys behind the scenes...alums, management, instructional staff, designers for making us want to love this corps again. I thought it could happen last October and it did.

Now, bring it again next year and we have a job as well. I'm sure this corps needs some dough.