Congrats to 2010 Blue Knights

Kudos to my BK brothers and sisters! Definitely my favorite show of the year, and also my new favorite 11th place show of all time!

For reference, this show was the 4th highest 11th place score since DCI was founded in 1972. The only scores higher were 2005 Glassmen (87.7), 2004 Crossmen (87.425) and 2008 Glassmen (87.2)

Number of times a corps has placed 11th

Bluecoats: 5

Glassmen: 5

Carolina Crown: 4

Magic: 3

Blue Knights: 2

Bridgemen: 2

Crossmen: 2

Freelancers: 2

The Cavaliers: 2

Velvet Knights: 2

27th Lancers: 1

Argonne Rebels: 1

Colts: 1

Guardsmen: 1

Madison Scouts: 1

North Star: 1

Phantom Regiment: 1

Spirit: 1

The Cadets: 1

Troopers: 1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so proud of you guys BK!! You have made yourselves accessible for all to enjoy and did so with a fantastic product. Year to year you are always competitive and perform well. This year may have done more for recruiting/retention and endearing yourselves to fans than any other! You guys deserved to score a little higher, but scores aside you're the best 11th place corps I've ever seen and got the best crowd response in quite a long time. I cannot wait to see what you're going to do for next season and hope that all you vets will stay with Denver. With the talent and the levels you perform with now you will be flat out awe inspiring for next season!!! WAY TO GO BK, LOVE YOU!!! I GO ON!!!

Wesley Perkins

Blue Knights Lead Sop/soloist '97, '98 and Biggest BK HONK EVER!!!!! :thumbup:

A great show indeed, but Magic of Orlando 2003 has my vote for best 11th place show.

A great show indeed, but Magic of Orlando 2003 has my vote for best 11th place show.

I'd go with the North Star on this list as the most entertaining 11th place Corps.....but this BK Corps was the most talented, if not one of the most talented ,11th place Corps ever, imo.

I'd go with the North Star on this list as the most entertaining 11th place Corps.....but this BK Corps was the most talented, if not one of the most talented ,11th place Corps ever, imo.

Now there you go! North Star was incredible.

When I was compiling the list yesterday, I was surprised at just how many 11th place shows I like. Some great shows like Madison 2001 (What a great horn line!), Phantom 1974, Troopers 1986, Bluecoats 1997, Crown 2000, Glassmen 2007. Certainly not bad company to be in!

I think they are my favorite 11th. The only one maybe better is Madison 01 but I don't know if there is a way to compare. Madison's brass and percussion were much better than 11th place level but their visual and guard brought them down. I will call BK10 the best "balanced" 11th ever!

11th Place Finishers

-----------------------------

1972 - St Andrew's Bridgemen

1973 - Argonne Rebels

1974 - Phantom Regiment

1975 - Garfield Cadets

1976 - Capitol Freelancers

1977 - Crossmen

1978 - Guardsmen

1979 - The Cavaliers

1980 - North Star

1981 - Freelancers

1982 - The Cavaliers

1983 - Bridgemen

1984 - 27th Lancers

1985 - Velvet Knights

1986 - Troopers

1987 - Bluecoats

1988 - Bluecoats

1989 - Velvet Knights

1990 - Spirit of Atlanta

1991 - Bluecoats

1992 - Bluecoats

1993 - Glassmen

1994 - Magic of Orlando

1995 - Carolina Crown

1996 - Colts

1997 - Bluecoats

1998 - Carolina Crown

1999 - Carolina Crown

2000 - Carolina Crown

2001 - Madison Scouts

2002 - Magic of Orlando

2003 - Magic of Orlando

2004 - Crossmen

2005 - Glassmen

2006 - Glassmen

2007 - Glassmen

2008 - Glassmen

2009 - Blue Knights

I am so proud of you guys BK!! You have made yourselves accessible for all to enjoy and did so with a fantastic product. Year to year you are always competitive and perform well. This year may have done more for recruiting/retention and endearing yourselves to fans than any other! You guys deserved to score a little higher, but scores aside you're the best 11th place corps I've ever seen and got the best crowd response in quite a long time. I cannot wait to see what you're going to do for next season and hope that all you vets will stay with Denver. With the talent and the levels you perform with now you will be flat out awe inspiring for next season!!! WAY TO GO BK, LOVE YOU!!! I GO ON!!!

Wesley Perkins

Blue Knights Lead Sop/soloist '97, '98 and Biggest BK HONK EVER!!!!! :thumbup:

Im with you. Great job BLUE KNIGHTS! It was a fun summer, cant wait for 2011.

I have to say this is definitely my favorite BK show ever. I was disappointed to not see them get scored higher but I REALLY enjoyed this show. I don't think BK has gotten that big of a crowd response in a long time. The changes and improvements to their approach to drum corps (Sully has a lot to do with that) certainly showed and are much appreciated by the fan base.