Finals Review.

Hi, my name's humor. Have we met? Perhaps you're more familiar with my good friend, hyper-sensitivity. :innocent:

I think I've taken enough semesters of theory and done enough harmonic analyses of all things atonal to be elevated ever-so-slightly above primate status (though I do occasionally throw my own poop. It's fun. Dont' judge me).

And those who've met me also know that I'll be happy to toss back a few beers and rip any show at will (including my own), and bonus points if people who actually marched said shows are sitting at the bar with me. lol Which has happened on quite a few occasions.

These aren't six-year-old little leaguers getting criticized in front of everyone for missing a fly ball. If they weren't bright and (somewhat) mature, they wouldn't be marching at this high of level. I've marched shows that were praised (01, 05) and I've marched in giant bags of **** (03, I'm looking in your direction).

To Plan9; what's your marching experience? Just out of curiosity.

And with that said, THANK YOU to the others who have left comments. I really enjoyed typing this up, and hopefully most of you have enjoyed reading it. I shied away from DCP quite a bit from about 06-08, and am loving being back on here regularly now! Seems like most of the old RAMD crazies have left the building.

Oh GOODY! It's BD bashing Time!!!

Let's get honest for a moment about that fabled Corps from CA. Which of the following best reflects your attitude? (BD Members/Alumni/Fans, please feel free to ignore this nonsense.)

A) The Blue Devils are the Corps I love to hate!

B) Dang! I wish we were that good!

C) Both of the above.

P.S. I bleed GREEN, so I'm no BD advocate. But, c'mon Gang let's show a little respect here - 2 consecutive undefeated Seasons, 4 Caption awards, 14 Championships? WTF!!!?

Hi, my name's humor. Have we met? Perhaps you're more familiar with my good friend, hyper-sensitivity. :tongue:

I think I've taken enough semesters of theory and done enough harmonic analyses of all things atonal to be elevated ever-so-slightly above primate status (though I do occasionally throw my own poop. It's fun. Dont' judge me).

And those who've met me also know that I'll be happy to toss back a few beers and rip any show at will (including my own), and bonus points if people who actually marched said shows are sitting at the bar with me. lol Which has happened on quite a few occasions.

These aren't six-year-old little leaguers getting criticized in front of everyone for missing a fly ball. If they weren't bright and (somewhat) mature, they wouldn't be marching at this high of level. I've marched shows that were praised (01, 05) and I've marched in giant bags of **** (03, I'm looking in your direction).

To Plan9; what's your marching experience? Just out of curiosity.

And with that said, THANK YOU to the others who have left comments. I really enjoyed typing this up, and hopefully most of you have enjoyed reading it. I shied away from DCP quite a bit from about 06-08, and am loving being back on here regularly now! Seems like most of the old RAMD crazies have left the building.

I tell ya, Ream has a way of turning my screws like no one else. If you look at my first couple of rather sedate posts on this thread you'll see that I was simply making a parallel with Star 93. Later, the comment about "2001..." (Ream made me do it :thumbup: ) I used to "charicature" those that automatically dislike "different" vs listening and attempting to appreciate it. However in retrospect, trying to get "visualization" out of someone who is playing with their poop might be a challenge. :thumbup:

No marching experience for me, just a quasi-novice DC supporter who is an old rock drummer of by-gone-days. I also spent nearly 3 decades in a profession that mirrors (pardon) the organization of Drum Corps and I admire the qualities of those (like yourself) that have competed on the field. It is actually for that reason that I find it impossible to criticize their efforts. What is their/your reward for taking out 5 years of their/your early adult life?...listening to some moats trashing their effort and distilling their whole experience into a derogatory "punch line".

BTW, if I hadn't said this before...your review (mostly) is quite amusing.

Edited by Plan9

Ream made you do nothing. and I am not crazy. I am insane

:tongue:

well the good news is i can't catch a rifle to save my life, so the Cavies are safe :tongue:

well the good news is i can't catch a rifle to save my life, so the Cavies are safe :tongue:

As safe as a Corps can be who are loved by the Audience, but hated on DCP! (Actually, I've seen more pro-Cavalier Posts here lately than in previous years, so disregard the whiny bit at the end of the previous sentence. My bad! :thumbup: )

BTW, I've been totally "MAD" years before 2010 and intend to stay that way! :tongue:

Mad, I tell you! MAD!!!

Stay "MAD"! :tongue: