2010 Bluecoats Baritone Solo

Ha. Write a program. Computers can do anything!

HH

And if it's in the computer it's gotta be right...... :tongue: Shades of when I was in college and my ex-roomie got a phone bill saying that he made two dozen 20 minute phone calls to Montana. Each phone call started two minutes after the last call started. Think about it 20 minute calls starting at two minute intervals..... Customer service rep actually argued that if that' what the bill said it had to right. Finally my roomie said "Make a deal with you. If you can explain how this is physically possible, I'll pay". Response "Well sir it's........ we'll take care of it". (ca 1979).

OK, I'll take the job.... where the Hades are my specs (program specification). :thumbup: Can't find a transcribe write up on the Unix, SQL, C or even COBOL (gag) web pages. :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Someone said 2v G bugle? I was bored. The key signature/accidentals turn out a little bit weird, but that was also the cheap quick way to get finale to do it for me, and if you play it as written, you get the right pitches.

acsolo.png

Someone said 2v G bugle? I was bored. The key signature/accidentals turn out a little bit weird, but that was also the cheap quick way to get finale to do it for me, and if you play it as written, you get the right pitches.

acsolo.png

This is not technically correct...key is wrong, and a few wrong notes. I'll brb with the correct transcription to G. If you want it to look and feel like the original (which is in C, even though the sign doesn't seem to matter), then the G part will have to be in F (one flat).

That's true, it should have one flat, but all the notes are right, if not which ones aren't?

The only note I'm certain is wrong is the written Eb at the end of bar 3...that should be E-nat (it's not an octave skip, it's a major 7th..concert Bb to concert B-nat). The rest are hard to tell. Because the key is wrong, there are accidentals in places I'm not expecting...I'd have to look at every single interval to test its correctness. It just "looks wrong" after looking at the original.

I have it done, but apparently, in order to get images in here, one first has to upload them somewhere else, which I'm not going to do.

I'll send it to the soloist, and he can proof-read it, and then push it up himself.

An early thank you to anyone who does it in B-Flat TC. It's just easier to read, especially with my thick bifocals, 99 ledger lines tend to make my dizzy.

I started as a Bass Clef guy, self-taught TC, was thankful I did when I went to corps because everything was in TC at that time, and more thankful when I went on to college.

For extreme register stuff, TC is just so much nicer to read on my eyes. :tongue:

LMAO - thanks everyone....

Now does my Deg Dynasty fingering cheat sheet go up that high... :cool: Not being a lead I'm not used to stuff above the first ledger line.