No Open Class DVD?

I just went on to the DCI website to see the pre-order price for DVDs and there's no option for the Open Class DVD. Is there no Open Class DVD this year?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went on to the DCI website to see the pre-order price for DVDs and there's no option for the Open Class DVD. Is there no Open Class DVD this year?

I don't know the answer for sure, but I did comment to my wife that I saw NO cameras in use on or around the field during the Open Class finals. Cameras have always been visibly busy during previous OC finals.

Just more proof that DCI does NOT care about Open Class. :sad:

I don't know the answer for sure, but I did comment to my wife that I saw NO cameras in use on or around the field during the Open Class finals. Cameras have always been visibly busy during previous OC finals.

Uh, then how did they get the picture up on the jumbotron?

According to my son who marched in OC Finals with Forte, there's no OC Finals DVD. It's going to be posted for download only on DCI's Fan Network. He was told this way the OC corps can get more of the profit by not paying for the cost of producing a DVD. They have OC Quarterfinals already for download for about $19.99 or $2.99 per corps.

According to my son who marched in OC Finals with Forte, there's no OC Finals DVD. It's going to be posted for download only on DCI's Fan Network. He was told this way the OC corps can get more of the profit by not paying for the cost of producing a DVD. They have OC Quarterfinals already for download for about $19.99 or $2.99 per corps.

At first I was ######, but that actually doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. Not only is it cheaper, but the semifinalist performances can be downloaded too!

Audio downloads are available for semis and possibly finals at $2.99 a corps, but I don’t think there will be video download available or one for purchase on DVD. If that is the case then shame on DCI. Gee all this time I thought that it was the G7 that wanted to sweep Open Class under the rug for not turning a profit. :sad:

The OC Directors decided not to have a packaged dvd for purchase. I do not remember the numbers off the top of my head, but the profit will be greater by this move. This is a case of the OC taking an initiative to make our class stronger. By taking these steps it does give the G7 a case to cast off the OC corps.

Uh, then how did they get the picture up on the jumbotron?

The jumbotron was showing the high-camera view throughout the open-class finals. No field-level video cameras were in use at any of the open-class events (except for DCI office personnel filming occasional video clips).