Madison Scouts 2011

Well its May and I just can't feeling still in the dark about the show this year. There's still a lot of details we don't know, does anyone else feel that way? Any bit of fresh info. will suffice if anyone has any. :satisfied:

Ha ha, I read your post before your edit. I am with you,

GO! MADISON SCOUTS!

Are you thinking about coming to WI for the Whitewater show? Gonna be a great night of Drum and Bugle Corps.

(I let that out too soon.. :cool: )

USA....! USA.....! MADISON SCOUTS....! MADISON SCOUTS.......!

:thumbup:

I'll be out to see Scouts and top 12... I'll fly out to a big show.. not sure the show yet.. I'll see PR, BD. SCV and all the other fine corps out West for starters..

Edited by Cop

My only issue with going back too these songs is the corps is known for the playing the same things over and over again… If they were to do so I wish they would change the music, and go for a Darker show, or using sections of One song throughout the show, with it intertwined into three different songs with parts of the original still coming out at different parts.

For example in Malaguena, I would like to hear the melody but might be used in a Darker way moving over to a darker side of the song and but still keeping the Same powerful Feel of the Song but pushing it into a minor key… Would Love to see “Madison gone Dark” or “Madison, The Dark Side” great show names.

There is a lot that the Corps can do in the next few years. For me Going back to the Bugle Corps is #1 for a lot of the Alumni and myself. I understand that the Drum Crops have a hard time making a Profit off of G Bugles, At least that’s only one of the reasons they are Using for using the Bb Marching Band Instrument, Thanks George Hopkins for taking the Bugle out of Drum Corps.

• Like 1

My only issue with going back too these songs is the corps is known for the playing the same things over and over again… If they were to do so I wish they would change the music, and go for a Darker show, or using sections of One song throughout the show, with it intertwined into three different songs with parts of the original still coming out at different parts.

Huh? Scouts played New York, New York once, 34 years ago. This will obviously be a totally different arrangement & presentation. As far as I know, they have never played Oh, What a Beautiful Morning. And we don't know what the closer is. Hardly a rehash.

• Like 2

If the rumors are true and they are playing Empire State Of Mind (and i have no idea other than what's been posted here), the Alicia Keys version (without Jay-Z) could produce some huge impacts. It would be big and gorgeous. Tear jerker for sure, especially given the developments of the past couple of days.

• Like 3

FACEBOOK has some of the camp photos and info..

In case you missed it

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

FACEBOOK has some of the camp photos and info..

In case you missed it

Nothing on the Scouts page that I could find. Except a list of newly contracted members.

(I let that out too soon.. :cool: )

USA....! USA.....! MADISON SCOUTS....! MADISON SCOUTS.......!

:thumbup:

I'll be out to see Scouts and top 12... I'll fly out to a big show.. not sure the show yet.. I'll see PR, BD. SCV and all the other fine corps out West for starters..

[/quote

Edited by thirdcoast