Madison Scouts 2011

Given the great season Madison had in 2010, if you were to continue the "re-branding" of Madison, what would your next concept be? Discuss!!

Ok,,huge Madison Fan here, even volunteered a couple years for them. BUT there are literally thousands and thousands of songs Corps can choose from

and although I enjoyed Madisons show last year they dont need to play the same music from later years to get a classic Madison sound. When I heard what they were playing last year, I thought oh no , not THAT again!!!!! So, forget Malaguena (sort of tired of it) And how many new ways can they play it ? I say forget the classic music/trademarks already, why do you need to go back to old scores, just to go back to your roots ? Their music for 2011 seems like a great choice without repeating the same same. Cant wait to hear and see them this year!!!

• Like 2

I don't disagree (and sorry if I came off rude earlier BBMM)but what does spats have to do with this one way or another? I was simply debating the issue from a visual design standpoint.

Edit because what I typed sounded really mean... :shutup:

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

So I am wondering if Madison is going to beat the Blue Stars right out of the gate or if it will take a week or two? :thumbup: We'll find out tonight!

• Like 3

Any wager takers? (God what is wrong with me already lost one bet this year lol)

I think Scouts have a good shot at being top 8, but I don't think they have a good shot at beating Blue Stars. I think BOTH corps are moving up this year.

Any wager takers? (God what is wrong with me already lost one bet this year lol)

I think Scouts have a good shot at being top 8, but I don't think they have a good shot at beating Blue Stars. I think BOTH corps are moving up this year.

I think the Scouts would have a hard time beating the Bluestars if they got rid of the scaffolds and did some better drill. As it is I think the Scouts start out slightly ahead tonight.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

I think the Scouts would have a hard time beating the Bluestars if they got rid of the scaffolds and did some better drill. As is is I think the Scouts start out slightly ahead tonight.

The judges so far have not backed up the notion that the scaffolding is a bad thing.

On the 19th Blue Stars beat Regiment and SVC in GE visual, and were .01 from Crown.

On the 21st Blue Stars beat Bluecoats by .04 in GE visual.

just watched the Scouts show on that forbidden site, and it's nice for late 80's early 90's. you've got all the requirements from that time, lots of scatter drill, lots of follow the leader drill, tear jerking moments, the pit members on large drums in the middle of the field. but I don't see it catching any of the top 8 if they all clean what they have. their shows just have more effect and if SCV gets theirs cleaned up they should easily put distance between them and Scouts. Haven't seen Boston yet, so maybe scouts can take them.

• Like 1