Madison Scouts 2011

Top 6, easily.

I hope Madison Scouts blows up this whole G8 slotting nonsense, by knocking somebody... anybody.. out of the TOC.

I'm rooting for any Corps to break through this year. I think though that it's going to be tougher than some fans think.

• Like 1

there is no slotting - the corps that deserve to be on top will be and those that don't won't be. all based on their shows and performance relative to the other's shows and performances. there is no grand conspiracy and no smoke filled room with DCI executives plotting the course of scores for the season to guarantee the TOC corps finish 1-8.

• Like 3

there is no slotting - the corps that deserve to be on top will be and those that don't won't be. all based on their shows and performance relative to the other's shows and performances. there is no grand conspiracy and no smoke filled room with DCI executives plotting the course of scores for the season to guarantee the TOC corps finish 1-8.

truth.jpg

Listening to the '99 show and hearing the crowd reaction during the cross to star move until the end of the show is epic! They almost match the corps volume, similar to the rotating company front at the end of '95 where the crowd DOES drown out the corps. Those are the moments I adore and have come to expect from the Madison Scouts. I have no doubt that there is much more of that type of thing in store for this show as they clean and make changes.

[snip - not worth it]

Please don't bring the "Why the TOC corps MAY be hard to catch..." thread into this thread, I think it works just fine in its original thread.

Listening to the '99 show and hearing the crowd reaction during the cross to star move until the end of the show is epic! They almost match the corps volume, similar to the rotating company front at the end of '95 where the crowd DOES drown out the corps. Those are the moments I adore and have come to expect from the Madison Scouts. I have no doubt that there is much more of that type of thing in store for this show as they clean and make changes.

'99 has to be one of my favorite Madison shows. I wish I hadn't been 8 and totally clueless of drum corps at the time! ;P

Edited by Stryfe
  • Like 1

No shows between San Antonio and Atlanta (purposely). There will be a new ending just like last year.

So I guess you are a, "Glass is half empty ", guy ? :smile:

No shows between San Antonio and Atlanta (purposely). There will be a new ending just like last year.

This. After having watched the show multiple times now, it's quite obvious that there are massive changes in store for the end of the show. Right now the ending just does not fit the rest of the show and seems like an ending for the sake of ending the show, nothing more. It goes very simplistic and slow drill wise compared to the rest of the program. My guess is that they wanted to put a complete show on the field and spend the rest of the summer working on a complete "package".

And let's be real for a moment...this all-star staff didn't suddenly forget how to do this. Jim Mason and Co. are masters of showmanship. You can trust that they'll get it done.

• Like 2