Madison Scouts 2011

I thought the last 2-3 minutes of their show was jaw-dropping, in a "wow that's amazing" way. I thought it was awesome the way it was. Not sure what "Madison ending" you're thinking about, can you explain?

There isn't much movement at all the last couple of minutes and it seems like a bit clunky (musically) at the very end. I know they are going to rework the ending between now and Atlanta, so it seems that they have something there just to end the show for now. Not unusual to get the bulk of the hard stuff on the field and make changes later that will add effect. Right now it just seems that the show "slows down" significantly toward the end.

There isn't much movement at all the last couple of minutes and it seems like a bit clunky (musically) at the very end. I know they are going to rework the ending between now and Atlanta, so it seems that they have something there just to end the show for now. Not unusual to get the bulk of the hard stuff on the field and make changes later that will add effect. Right now it just seems that the show "slows down" significantly toward the end.

You know? Not every ending has to be fast and furious with whiplash drill running all over the field while playing "chord/mello run etc etc etc etc". Especially when Madison flexes that muscle quite well for their entire second movement. Madison's current ending is big, loud, exciting and designed to shoot the audience to their feet (which is exactly what appears to be happening according to what we see on the fan network recordings). Let's get out of our shallow viewpoint on how to end the show. Nearly every corps ending is so typical. Madison's is refreshing because it's so unexpected and different. And it's nice to hear high note trumpet players at the end of their show again. Something that has been missing from Madison's productions in recent years.

Edited by stevedb1975

You know? Not every ending has to be fast and furious with whiplash drill running all over the field while playing "chord/mello run etc etc etc etc". Especially when Madison flexes that muscle quite well for their entire second movement. Madison's current ending is big, loud, exciting and designed to shoot the audience to their feet (which is exactly what appears to be happening according to what we see on the fan network recordings). Let's get out of our shallow viewpoint on how to end the show. Nearly every corps ending is so typical. Madison's is refreshing because it's so unexpected. And it's nice to hear screamers again too.

Well, let's hope that whatever the changes are, they still rip our faces off like

they are doing now in the closer! Knowing this staff, they know exactly what to add to

improve the effect, and what to keep that is already working.

I love the show already! And maybe this is an idea that's already being considered; after all, it's early in the season. But I wish there were some way to incorporate the old, traditional Madison "hat bow" (used to be done by the guard in the closer) in "Empire State of Mind." For me, that would be such a "goosebump" moment.

Edited by byline

You know? Not every ending has to be fast and furious with whiplash drill running all over the field while playing "chord/mello run etc etc etc etc". Especially when Madison flexes that muscle quite well for their entire second movement. Madison's current ending is big, loud, exciting and designed to shoot the audience to their feet (which is exactly what appears to be happening according to what we see on the fan network recordings). Let's get out of our shallow viewpoint on how to end the show. Nearly every corps ending is so typical. Madison's is refreshing because it's so unexpected and different. And it's nice to hear high note trumpet players at the end of their show again. Something that has been missing from Madison's productions in recent years.

I have no doubt that the changes they WILL make to the closer will lose none of the effect. Personally, I love that "peeling off" move they do out of the company front at the end.

BUT, to say that the ending is seemingly disconnected part of the show is not an inaccurate statement. It's not a bad thing, but it does need some polishing. And I have all the faith in the world that Jim Mason and staff know exactly what they are doing.

THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!!

Scouts are pushing and top 4 or 5 might not be out of the question. Crown appears mortal and the Scouts are scoring right in there with Bluecoats, SCV and Phantom.

Stay focused Scouts, you are doing things right so far!

Scouts are pushing and top 4 or 5 might not be out of the question. Crown appears mortal and the Scouts are scoring right in there with Bluecoats, SCV and Phantom.

I think Top 4 is wishful thinking, but I could see 5-6 for sure, and that would be quite a feat!