Madison Scouts 2011

THINLY RELATED....

While looking for clips of Madison from Old Bridge, NJ last night I ran across a recently uploaded clip of the 1995 Scouts Finals performance.

The audience is obviously eating it up and Rondinaro and Cesario are falling all over themselves.

How did we get to the point that THAT would not be considered a good show? (Not that every corps ought to play that kind of show, but that our criterion has become such that that show cannot, on its own merits, be competitive.)

In a time when the activity struggles to pay the bills, shows like that will sell tickets, regardless what you thnk of it "artistically".

(Putting on my flame suit and admitting to being an olde pharte.)

• Like 3

I did not get to see Scouts yesterday on my super-trip to Chicago to see Distant Worlds (videogame music!) and the Lisle, IL show, but I did see Blue Stars' show, and I actually love it, so I still won't be doing any comparing between Blue Stars and Scouts -- I think both shows have what it takes to succeed. However, enjoying their show that much just made me that more eager to get to see the Scouts' show, which is technically better at this point -- that blows my [empire state of] mind! Broken Arrow is such a long wait!

Wasn't/isn't Aaron Bryan (Scouts sop soloist in '95 Concerto de la Aranjuez) a band director at Broken Arrow? Thought he was. I have him on Facebook, so I should just ask him. :tongue:

Awesome dude, though.

Really enjoying the 2011 Scouts...especially ESOM. Are the flags being used the actual show flags? It's hard to see from the video. They look like just solid white.

Really bummed now that they didn't get to perform at Fairfield. Look forward to catching them in Akron.

I really think we could be welcoming them back into the top 6 at the end of the year!

• Like 1

the closer flags will be something special and arent going to be any one solid color

Waiting for the July 9th show in Madison (Middleton) to see this LIVE - y'all are making it real difficult for me to not go look up the videos... hehe!

Cedarburg on the 3rd, birthday on the 5th, Madison on the 9th. Man, what an awesome week it'll be. :satisfied:

• Like 1

Hoping to capitalize on the buzz being built by the Scouts closer, NYC Ford dealers paid Derek Jeter to drive around town in a Mustang with Empire Sate of Mind playing. <<Mustang Commercial>>