Madison Scouts 2011

I thought you might have learned after your corps got 2 pointed by the Scouts a while back. You disappeared for like 2 whole days. :tongue: The current spread between the two has increased to 3 points. I know - different shows and all that crap but might you consider toning it down a bit? It really makes you look like a sore loser.

Eh tbh its anyones game between those 2 groups. Theres no clear cut "better" corps. Cant wait until August :p

• Like 2

Eh tbh its anyones game between those 2 groups. Theres no clear cut "better" corps. Cant wait until August :p

The scores pretty much speak for themselves - don't you have some cookies to tend to?

• Like 2

Not trying to hate (or maybe I am, you tell me), but what is there in this show that people like besides Empire State of Mind? I won't lie, after seeing it live and watching on the Fan Network, ESoM (their arrangement of it)has been stuck in my head for the past three and a half days, but beyond that there's not much I remember about the show except thinking:

1. Nice tuba solo.

2. Oh, cool, the Slaughter intro. . . wait, now they're playing something different and kinda crappy.

3. Wow, they sure spend a lot of time running around the field with their horns at their sides.

4. Car noises and sirens. Ok, we get it, it's New York, but this all seems a little unnecessary.

5. This drum solo is going on forever. Oh, it's 9/11 now? That's borderline offensive and I don't really get it, but whatever.

And then ESoM starts and it's all good. Am I alone in thinking this show is utterly unremarkable aside from that chart? Full disclosure: I haven't really liked a Madison show since 2003 (although the "Uninvited" intro in '07 was pretty cool).

Edited by liebot
  • Like 6

I'm having fun with the new rivalry, guess I'll have to come up with some kind of disclaimer so people can get over their pseudo shock at my posts.

I wouldn't call it "shock," more "annoyance." There's a fine line between "having fun with rivals" and flat out trolling, and you sir are on the wrong side of it at times. At least be clever stirring up the hornet's nest, and not revert to the whining, "I can't believe how touchy Scouts fans are when I put down the Scouts in a thread specifically created to hype Scout fans & alumni."

I get that the hyperbole in this thread (and every other 'official thread for 'Corps X' on here) can get old for the non-fans, but you can always choose not to frequent those threads if you want to avoid that sort of thing.

Edited by perc2100
  • Like 2

I would say a couple a points tells me who the clear cut better corps is....right now and thats what we live in, the here and now. You would think mr Bozzlybee would see the reality of that.

G

• Like 2

It is great to see Madison on the up swing! I wish I had the chance to see them live this year, but it is just not in the cards. It is amazing what the organization has been able to do in the last couple of years. I think 7th place at Finals is a real possibility this year!

Here's to the Men of Madison.

As if you weren't presenting an awesome show to start with, here's hoping your time in New York today and at Ground Zero helps you "bring home" the gravity of the moment. Looking forward to seeing you live.

Sweet!

Not trying to hate (or maybe I am, you tell me), but what is there in this show that people like besides Empire State of Mind? I won't lie, after seeing it live and watching on the Fan Network, ESoM (their arrangement of it)has been stuck in my head for the past three and a half days, but beyond that there's not much I remember about the show except thinking:

1. Nice tuba solo.

2. Oh, cool, the Slaughter intro. . . wait, now they're playing something different and kinda crappy.

3. Wow, they sure spend a lot of time running around the field with their horns at their sides.

4. Car noises and sirens. Ok, we get it, it's New York, but this all seems a little unnecessary.

5. This drum solo is going on forever. Oh, it's 9/11 now? That's borderline offensive and I don't really get it, but whatever.

And then ESoM starts and it's all good. Am I alone in thinking this show is utterly unremarkable aside from that chart? Full disclosure: I haven't really liked a Madison show since 2003 (although the "Uninvited" intro in '07 was pretty cool).

heheheee. Man, I love that 2007 MADISON SCOUTS Drum and Bugle Corps! That Corps really worked hard. The guard uniform that year... not so much. Who came up with the purple leotard and green stretchy fabric anyway? Who was that? I think that was the Drum Majors 1st year, one played Soprano the other Euph.

You didnt like Carmen? That was a pretty ###### Drum Corps! Just saying... IMO when you see the Corps(THE MADISON SCOUTS)...Live in 2011, you will feel, what obviously everybody else can see.

Keep working Men! Can"t help everyone... I think your show... KICKS AZZ!

GO! MADISON SCOUTS!

Edited by thirdcoast