Madison Scouts 2011

I love the Scouts' show.

Very emotional; very entertaining.

It's my favorite of the shows I saw at Akron on 7-7.

My only reservation is all the low synth. They don't need it.

I don't know if we can read anything from the scores tonight, they are pretty off for everyone. BAC closer to Scouts but Scouts are closer to Bluecoats AND much closer to Cavies (from way back in June). As everyone says... come on regionals...

I love the Scouts' show.

Very emotional; very entertaining.

It's my favorite of the shows I saw at Akron on 7-7.

My only reservation is all the low synth. They don't need it.

with 20 contras, i think not!

I don't know if we can read anything from the scores tonight, they are pretty off for everyone. BAC closer to Scouts but Scouts are closer to Bluecoats AND much closer to Cavies (from way back in June). As everyone says... come on regionals...

For Scouts, it seems like scores, spreads, captions and placements are going in the wrong direction,..... :blink:

• Like 1

For Scouts, it seems like scores, spreads, captions and placements are going in the wrong direction,..... :blink:

Compared to earlier this season, yes.

Compared to last year, no.

The worst you can accuse them of is coming out better prepared than many others.

I think in the last week they might have had a little slump coming off an emotional early tour. Also, we had the first major "re-calibration event" which typically happens when the judges realize that scores are climbing out of control.

As the Scouts tweek their show, I think they'll remain competitive with the 5-9 group and hopefully end up near the top of that pack.

Some pretty big shows this week, gonna be fun to watch, will finally get to see some good head to head matchups live at the La crosse show on friday, can't wait!

Depends on how you look at it. One the one hand, yes, the overall score appears to be going south rather than north. However, Madison did something they have not done in at LEAST 6 years - they took a subcaption from the Cavaliers (it was a box on the brass sheet from what I understand). Where the south movement appears to be coming from is from a judge named "Debbie" (if my memory serves correctly from when I looked at the online recap) who judged them twice in a row in two different visual captions and dumped them both times (her first night even had them under the Crossmen). Seems to me like she does not like the show - but is all alone in that opinion compared to all of the other judges (including visual judges). This is where the system is flawed. I think if she goes away (from the Scouts) for a while, their scores will increase. When is DCI going to fix this flaw within the system? One judge should not be able to call the show - yet this is clearly what this lady has done now two nights in a row. All of the other judges cannot be wrong. Where is the accountability?

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 1

Depends on how you look at it. One the one hand, yes, the overall score appears to be going south rather than north. However, Madison did something they have not done in at LEAST 6 years - they took a subcaption from the Cavaliers (it was a box on the brass sheet from what I understand). Where the south movement appears to be coming from is from a judge named "Debbie" (if my memory serves correctly from when I looked at the online recap) who judged them twice in a row in two different visual captions and dumped them both times (her first night even had them under the Crossmen). Seems to me like she does not like the show - but is all alone in that opinion compared to all of the other judges (including visual judges). This is where the system is flawed. I think if she goes away (from the Scouts) for a while, their scores will increase. When is DCI going to fix this flaw within the system? One judge should not be able to call the show - yet this is clearly what this lady has done now two nights in a row. All of the other judges cannot be wrong. Where is the accountability?

With military-style, precision M&M long gone, it's ironic that "visual" has become so much more important in overall scoring. Totally subjective, made up numbers based on personal likes and dislikes. Another great evolution.

• Like 3

Your concerns are not all that important in my view. The entertainment value and crowd reaction are going in the right direction -- the fans cannot get enough of this show. Keep up the great work SCOUTS! Vic Russell

• Like 2

Amen Vic.......... keep putting smiles on those faces, have people humming your tunes days after the show, make it a memorable moment for anyone who pays to come to a show...you can't control what a judge thinks of you, it's just their opinion. Do your thang and the scores will eventually come along with it.