Madison Scouts 2011

Yes, yes he does. Who is Cris Komnick?

Cris Komnick is the evil twin of Chris Komnick, whose name is spelled correctly. I guess being an evil twin is a tradeoff to having a correctly spelled name.

:shutup:

Cris Komnick is the evil twin of Chris Komnick, whose name is spelled correctly. I guess being an evil twin is a tradeoff to having a correctly spelled name.

:shutup:

He changed his name, I know it! Haha! Its all a roomer. Just like this one... Chris and Dan are flying in to Whitewater to help promote the show... THE WHITEWATER CLASSIC! wearing speedo's.

WHITEWATER CLASSIC! Lineup... June 30th... Cavaliers, THE PIONEER, Blue Stars, TROOPERS, COLTS, Teal Sound, Racine Scouts, Colt Cadets.

DRUMS on PARADE! Lineup... July 9th... THE KILTIES, Bluecoats, The Boston Crusaders, Cavaliers, The TROOPERS, The Colts, Legends, The Colt Cadets, THE MADISON SCOUTS!

Edited by thirdcoast
  • Like 1

I got my tix to my usual shows this year and I was disappointed that Madison wasn't on the bill anywhere, so I anted up and I'll be at the July 9 show in Madison. No good seats were left where I like to sit, the closest was a near-center seat in the sixth row. I haven't sat that low in a long time. :shutup:

Make sure you stop by the pre-show tailgate at Drums On Parade (at Fireman's park near where

all the corps buses will be parked).

Sit back and enjoy a Spotted Cow a slice of pizza and some good jazz before the show.

Proceeds of course going to THE Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps.

I only have one word to add...SPATS!

I want Madison to wear spats for the same reason I want Michelle Bachman to win the GOP nomination. It will make them easier to beat!! :tongue:

• Like 2

I know this is subjective but when I opened my email this morning and saw the Scouts in 5th place on Mike Del Corso's daily scores update I got a little teary eyed..... :thumbup:

I know - different shows - BLah Blah BLah.... Still, Madison over Crown, SCV, Bluecoats? Who would have thought?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Follow me on Twitter @mdelcorso

How to read these rankings:

Current Rank (Yesterday's Rank) - Last Score (Show) - Corp

**** DCI World Class - Based on Newest Score ****

01 (01) - 78.80 (3) - The Cadets

02 (02) - 78.60 (2) - The Cavaliers

03 (03) - 77.70 (3) - Blue Devils

04 (04) - 76.05 (3) - Phantom Regiment

05 (07) - 75.90 (1) - Madison Scouts

06 (05) - 75.70 (2) - Carolina Crown

07 (06) - 74.55 (3) - Santa Clara Vanguard

08 (08) - 74.00 (4) - Bluecoats

09 (11) - 72.70 (1) - Boston Crusaders

10 (09) - 72.40 (2) - Blue Stars

11 (10) - 71.45 (3) - Blue Knights

12 (12) - 70.60 (1) - Spirit of Atlanta

13 (13) - 68.00 (2) - Glassmen

14 (15) - 67.80 (1) - Crossmen

15 (14) - 67.80 (2) - Troopers

16 (16) - 64.40 (5) - The Academy

17 (17) - 64.10 (3) - Mandarins

18 (18) - 63.55 (3) - Pacific Crest

19 (19) - 59.30 (4) - Teal Sound

20 (21) - 59.20 (1) - Jersey Surf

21 (20) - 56.40 (2) - Pioneer

• Like 3

A nice few moments last night on the field at BAC's Bridgeport show....after a combined encore where each corps played toward the other, and after the scores were announced, BAC and Madison gathered on the field for what really looked like a social hour....lots of handshakes and hugs, and kids generally hanging out with each other, still in full uniform (minus their headwear)....as a matter of fact, after the stadium was pretty much empty, they were still all out there. It was very cool. I can think of several corps who would probably not have been up for this.

Proud of both corps...and their directors.

Craig

(I think there is a pic on Boston's FB page)

Edited by craiga

I know this is subjective but when I opened my email this morning and saw the Scouts in 5th place on Mike Del Corso's daily scores update I got a little teary eyed..... :thumbup:

I know - different shows - BLah Blah BLah.... Still, Madison over Crown, SCV, Bluecoats? Who would have thought?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Follow me on Twitter @mdelcorso

How to read these rankings:

Current Rank (Yesterday's Rank) - Last Score (Show) - Corp

**** DCI World Class - Based on Newest Score ****

01 (01) - 78.80 (3) - The Cadets

02 (02) - 78.60 (2) - The Cavaliers

03 (03) - 77.70 (3) - Blue Devils

04 (04) - 76.05 (3) - Phantom Regiment

05 (07) - 75.90 (1) - Madison Scouts

06 (05) - 75.70 (2) - Carolina Crown

07 (06) - 74.55 (3) - Santa Clara Vanguard

08 (08) - 74.00 (4) - Bluecoats

09 (11) - 72.70 (1) - Boston Crusaders

10 (09) - 72.40 (2) - Blue Stars

11 (10) - 71.45 (3) - Blue Knights

12 (12) - 70.60 (1) - Spirit of Atlanta

13 (13) - 68.00 (2) - Glassmen

14 (15) - 67.80 (1) - Crossmen

15 (14) - 67.80 (2) - Troopers

16 (16) - 64.40 (5) - The Academy

17 (17) - 64.10 (3) - Mandarins

18 (18) - 63.55 (3) - Pacific Crest

19 (19) - 59.30 (4) - Teal Sound

20 (21) - 59.20 (1) - Jersey Surf

21 (20) - 56.40 (2) - Pioneer

We'll know tomorrow night when Madison finally has a show where they aren't the biggest fish in the pond. How they match up to Crown will tell us where they fall in the rankings. You can't just rank latest score because some corps haven't competed in a few days.

• Like 1

A nice few moments last night on the field at BAC's Bridgeport show....after a combined encore where each corps played toward the other, and after the scores were announced, BAC and Madison gathered on the field for what really looked like a social hour....lots of handshakes and hugs, and kids generally hanging out with each other, still in full uniform (minus their headwear)....as a matter of fact, after the stadium was pretty much empty, they were still all out there. It was very cool. I can think of several corps who would probably not have been up for this.

Proud of both corps...and their directors.

Craig

(I think there is a pic on Boston's FB page)

I know the Scouts did the knockout challenge last year or the year before against Boston, which Boston won. So there's already some camaraderie there. :thumbup:

• Like 1

We'll know tomorrow night when Madison finally has a show where they aren't the biggest fish in the pond. How they match up to Crown will tell us where they fall in the rankings. You can't just rank latest score because some corps haven't competed in a few days.

So you are referencing the "Blah Blah Blah" portion of my post? :tongue:

• Like 1