Madison Scouts 2011

I don't think they have been crapping on the Scout's newfound success. I think they have been responding to the comments made by multiple posters on this thread that have said the Blue Stars are "done for" in regards to competing with the Scouts after 1 early season show! They have only went head-to-head one time this season! I think after a few more head-to-head match ups and a regional or two there will be a much clearer idea of where these two corps stand in regards to one another.

If one show determines how the season goes I would like to be the first to congratulate Crown on their 2011 Championship!

No, "crapping" on the Scouts is EXACTLY what they have been doing because in fact, "crappy" was the exact word used by LIEbot. And as for this business of being tired of hearing that the Blie Stars are "don't" competing with the Madison Scouts. Fine, if you don't want that said anymore, then tell the Madison bashers to stop saying that "Madison has no room for growth, no demand and will peak early". Otherwise, we are dealing with a HUGE double standard.

For the record, I just don't think that a drum corps show is the most appropriate medium in which we should commemorate 9/11. That's my only real point. That and I thought their depiction of it (the pointing at the sky, fake crying, etc.) was kind of overwrought. I have the same feelings about Cadets '02, although I didn't actually see that show live.

And, if it makes you guys feel any better, I'd be happy to change my evaluation of the New York, New York hit from "it's crappy" to "I didn't care for the arrangement and the transition into it seemed very stilted and ineffective." I'm not really sure the connotation of the two statements is that different, though. I did not enjoy that moment of the show. Or any of the other moments, really, except for ESoM, which I thought was fantastic. So sue me.

You make me smile.

No, "crapping" on the Scouts is EXACTLY what they have been doing because in fact, "crappy" was the exact word used by LIEbot.

Well if LIEbot is a Blue Stars homer, which he said he wasn't a few posts ago, then in that instance then a Blue Stars homer was "crapping" on the Scouts, but the majority of the people are just saying don't count the Blue Stars out yet.

And as for this business of being tired of hearing that the Blie Stars are "don't" competing with the Madison Scouts. Fine, if you don't want that said anymore, then tell the Madison bashers to stop saying that "Madison has no room for growth, no demand and will peak early".

Otherwise, we are dealing with a HUGE double standard.

I don't care what people say on here. They have every right to say what they want, it is of course their opinion. Free Country and all.

What I would really like to see is for these two corps to battle it out all summer. And if that competitive rivalry benefits both corps and leads to the members working that much harder to beat one another then both corps will be that much better. Seeing both Madison and the Blue Stars move up through the ranks would definitely not be a bad thing!!!

I would say you have a point. Some of my brethren could find some better ways to express their excitement in catching up to a corps that successfully rebuilt themselves (thus providing a road map for others), and are enjoying some well deserved success.

I would also say that there where quite a few nasty comments back and forth in the June 25 time frame that ALL of us should aspire to be better than.

You sir are very classy in how you post on here!!! Too bad more people can't be the same.

For the record, I just don't think that a drum corps show is the most appropriate medium in which we should commemorate 9/11.

Ok, so then - why? Give me a rational reason why drum corps is not an appropriate medium in which we should commemorate 9/11. Explain.

• Like 1

Just so I am straight on this, if you do not love Madison's show, then you are a hater? Is that about right?

Nope, completely wrong. If you are expressing thoughtful, informed criticism of Madison’s show or even just a subjective opinion then those can be a points for debate and discussion. Authors of grudge fueled smack talk are inviting (usually much more witty) derision and, as we have seen here, usually get it.

Considering the location of the two corps, that some of Madison's current staff was previously with the Blue Stars and that they both use Indiana as their winter home, the Scouts and Blue Stars are a natural rivalry. I think some Blue Star fans are going a little overboard on finding reasons why Madison cannot sustain their success throughout the year, but this is the Internet and outrageous behavior is business as usual. On the other hand, Madison fans confidence in their corps superiority over the Blue Stars seems a little over the top considering the Muncie show was only the second time in five seasons Madison topped the Stars. But, once again, that is the Internet. People are much more diplomatic in person. I would not be surprised if these two corps finished the year next to each other in placement. I would love to see them battle it out at the top one year soon.

For the record, I just don't think that a drum corps show is the most appropriate medium in which we should commemorate 9/11. That's my only real point. That and I thought their depiction of it (the pointing at the sky, fake crying, etc.) was kind of overwrought. I have the same feelings about Cadets '02, although I didn't actually see that show live.

And, if it makes you guys feel any better, I'd be happy to change my evaluation of the New York, New York hit from "it's crappy" to "I didn't care for the arrangement and the transition into it seemed very stilted and ineffective." I'm not really sure the connotation of the two statements is that different, though. I did not enjoy that moment of the show. Or any of the other moments, really, except for ESoM, which I thought was fantastic. So sue me.

You have a nice drum corps.

Oh, and..... nobody cares what you think.

• Like 3