Madison Scouts 2011

Personally, I prefer shows with themes than without themes and don't find the concept of themes per se, " distasteful " nor " insulting ". If all the Corps had shows with just unrelated music and unrelated marching to the music, in my opinion, the guards and the visual programs would be boring beyond belief after watching one or 2 shows without any theme construct to the shows the Corps put on. I can dig the era when Corps had no themes at all, except a universal Color Guard Presentation with a patriotic medley they all played in the middle of the show, but I don't think I want to go back to that era or any era where Corps played unrelated music from one song to the next, and the Guards were all stoic throughout with the same expressionless emotions for all Corps, and throughout the night. But thats just me. People are entitled to dislike shows with themes and think the concept of a theme " insulting ". Thats cool and all. But I'm not " insulted " at all by Corps who have themes.

Edited by BRASSO

As an active member of the NYPD, I can't thank the entire Madison Scouts organization enough for their beautiful tribute.

• Like 3

I can understand how sensitive the memory of 9/11 is. I don't understand why a person would take a strong stance against commerating that time as long as it is done in a respectful and sensitive manner. That's what art does, whether it a painting or a drum corps show. I think the Madison show designers took special care in the development of the show to address the seriousness if the event. They are telling a story using the medium of music and drill and it is my belief they are doing a great job of it. This is not something that falls into the political realm, such as abortion or human rights. They are not making a political statement.

For those of you that feel a commeration of this event, which touched almost everyone's life, is not in good taste, I;m sorry. For the rest of us, however, this is an emotional and well designed show that not tells the story of the disaster but also the spirit of the American people.

Thanks Madison for a Great Show.

The accountability is that each judge puts their name and reputation on every score they give out. If she's got the stones to give Madison a smaller number than Crossmen and take the heat, I don't have a problem with it. Just means that the boys have to do a better job of selling her.

btw, she's not a big fan of Rosemont, either.

The problem is that judges dont have the stones...period. The Oakland Crusaders 1977 drumline winning prelims while the corps misses finals could never ever happen in todays DCI..& its a darn shame.

As an active member of the NYPD, I can't thank the entire Madison Scouts organization enough for their beautiful tribute.

This is awesome, regardless of Madisons placement this year their show has clearly connected how it was intended too. Drum corps has been missing the fans being emotionally connected to the shows, and while several corps are headed in the right direction in that regard Madison continues to lead the charge. Props.

Is there any video of the Scouts singing MYNWA at ground zero?

This is awesome, regardless of Madisons placement this year their show has clearly connected how it was intended too. Drum corps has been missing the fans being emotionally connected to the shows, and while several corps are headed in the right direction in that regard Madison continues to lead the charge. Props.

Nice post Boz. It is turning out to be a pretty great season to be a Drum Corps fan. Remember the off season? Can you believe all that stuff that was talked about here on DCP, and now to have this great season of Drum Corps. Can't wait to see everyone in just a few days.

Edited by thirdcoast

Is there any video of the Scouts singing MYNWA at ground zero?

http://vimeo.com/26106877

(posted by the scouts on their facebook page)

Edited by wcmello09

So... A great long set of shows, a GREAT performance here in Madison, WI! What a weekend! :thumbup:

WOW, the drama for the 2011 season is thick! Who do you all see next? SCV! I bet they want to see it... LIVE!

Have you all looked, were real close to the top, in score. How far were you all behind the Bluecoats last year at this time,09,08,07...? it's so exciting!

Keep working all. It is a really good show! Don't listen to the haters, alot of people Love It!

Behind you all 110%

GO! MADISON SCOUTS!