Madison Scouts 2011

Very happy with Madison's rise. It just SO nice to have them "back in the hunt" again. Would like to see better visual and precussion scores but think there placements in those to captions are correct. Its intersting, the more I try to understand scoring and how much corps are given credit for there visual presentation. When watching live, I focus much more on percussion and brass than anything else, however while at DOP, for me I really didnt notice what Madisons guard was doing, whereas Bloo and Cavies almost forced you to watch. Cavies have so much going on you dont know where the heck to look. I think for Bluecoats, it was more of a flag color thing. You could help but see the the colorguard. I guess where Im going with this is Madison needs more color in there show and could easily be achieved with some new flags. Now, Men of Madison.....BYBO!!!!!!!

I SOOOOOO hope the Scouts, Blue Stars, and Boston crash the "g-ate". Great organizations with a very "crowd first" attitude.

I SOOOOOO hope the Scouts, Blue Stars, and Boston crash the "g-ate". Great organizations with a very "crowd first" attitude.

So when u realize Blue Stars are already "g-ate" are they still crowd first or is it the label that determines that lol :p

I think he meant Blue Knights.

No - It's always about the Blue Stars :tongue:

@ Big - I mean that I hope all three of those corps finish in the top 8 this year. That's all. I just really like those three corps and the committment to the paying fan that they have.

Edited by Roark1
  • Like 2

I am really looking forward to seeing the Scouts in person tomorrow night performing their dynamite show at Central High in Salem/Paddock Lake. From everything I have read on DCP, the Scouts, like usual, are crowd favorites. It appears that this bugs some fans who are seriously involved with the minutia of the scoring cards and the slotting process (yawn, yawn.) Vic Russell

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to seeing the Scouts in person tomorrow night performing their dynamite show at Central High in Salem/Paddock Lake. From everything I have read on DCP, the Scouts, like usual, are crowd favorites. It appears that this bugs some fans who are seriously involved with the minutia of the scoring cards and the slotting process (yawn, yawn.) Vic Russell

The tension is building.

GO! MADISON SCOUTS!

Edited by thirdcoast

I'll preface my remarks by saying that I think Madison has a fine corps and a solid show this year, much improved over the winter - a mature, legitimate finalist caliber team. Best of luck to them as the season continues.

That being said, I don't think it's the fact that the Scouts have big fan base (which they certainly do, more power to them) that bothers the score geeks so much. But listening to the Scout honks who complain or post online how Madison got hosed every time someone beats them at a contest, even when it's someone who is clearly a cut above them performance-wise, gets tiring after a while. I'm not surprised that there's some backlash post-show and here on the board from folks whose opinion differs from that line of thought.

Peace,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5
  • Like 2

I'll preface my remarks by saying that I think Madison has a fine corps and a solid show this year, much improved over the winter - a mature, legitimate finalist caliber team. Best of luck to them as the season continues.

That being said, I don't think it's the fact that the Scouts have big fan base (which they certainly do, more power to them) that bothers the score geeks so much. But listening to the Scout honks who complain or post online how Madison got hosed every time someone beats them at a contest, even when it's someone who is clearly a cut above them performance-wise, gets tiring after a while. I'm not surprised that there's some backlash post-show and here on the board from folks whose opinion differs from that line of thought.

Peace,

Fred O.

Can you please point out some examples of "honks" saying the corp got hosed by the judges. I don't recall seeing posts like that, but I may have missed them.

Thank you for your help in this matter.