Madison Scouts 2011

Scouts lose to Vanguard by about a point. Yet the recap is surprisingly not yet posted... hmm, wonder why

probably because the people who post the recaps are driving to minnesota and will post them when they gat to their hotel and have an internet connection.

• Like 5

Scouts lose to Vanguard by about a point. Yet the recap is surprisingly not yet posted... hmm, wonder why

Just talked to someone in the know this morning who said Madison won brass, ensemble music, GE Music and Color Guard. SCV won the other captions. It's a close one, folks.

• Like 3

Just talked to someone in the know this morning who said Madison won brass, ensemble music, GE Music and Color Guard. SCV won the other captions. It's a close one, folks.

This is interesting. When Blue Stars saw SCV a few days ago the spread was almost identical, and Blue Stars won GE music, Ensemble visual, Brass, and one ensemble music sub caption. As with Scouts, the biggest factor was percussion with Blue Stars being .5 down from SVC in that caption. Things are getting impossible to predict, other than to say it's going to be SOOOO close! Fun stuff. :thumbup:

• Like 2

This is interesting. When Blue Stars saw SCV a few days ago the spread was almost identical, and Blue Stars won GE music, Ensemble visual, Brass, and one ensemble music sub caption. As with Scouts, the biggest factor was percussion with Blue Stars being .5 down from SVC in that caption. Things are getting impossible to predict, other than to say it's going to be SOOOO close! Fun stuff. :thumbup:

all this stuff is as you say FUN for the audiance BUT is it good competition or not so good judging..We tend to like the close races in this activity BUT are these corpsm getting the proper information from these judges to improve or are they just flying by the seat of their pants because of mis information..personally I think its the latter and doesnt make me personally happy with the ( fun competition aspect of it ) JMO

all this stuff is as you say FUN for the audiance BUT is it good competition or not so good judging..We tend to like the close races in this activity BUT are these corpsm getting the proper information from these judges to improve or are they just flying by the seat of their pants because of mis information..personally I think its the latter and doesnt make me personally happy with the ( fun competition aspect of it ) JMO

no, what these close scores say to me is that these corps are in essence equal and on any night based on the judging panel and the performance the order of PR, SCV, Scouts, BS, BK, Boston could change.

This is the same situation which occurred finals week 2007 with SCV, Crown, & Bluecoats. those 3 corps were in essence equal and depending on which judges and that night's performance the order change but the scores were withing tenths of each other.

no, what these close scores say to me is that these corps are in essence equal and on any night based on the judging panel and the performance the order of PR, SCV, Scouts, BS, BK, Boston could change.

This is the same situation which occurred finals week 2007 with SCV, Crown, & Bluecoats. those 3 corps were in essence equal and depending on which judges and that night's performance the order change but the scores were withing tenths of each other.

well that is one way to look at it,...ive just heard some tapes on a few corps that are kinda outrageous and dont indicate what you are saying at all..sounds like so much smoke being blown up Butts....But it is what it is

Edited by GUARDLING

well that is one way to look at it,...ive just heard some tapes on a few corps that are kinda outrageous and dont indicate what you are saying at all..sounds like so much smoke being blown up Butts....But it is what it is

Maybe you can expand on this thought.

I'm not even really sure what you're talking about there soooooo....... :lookaround:

Ok makes more sense after reading your next post, however still not sure how your point about bad judging comments leads to tight races.

Edited by BozzlyB

I like to think it is less because of performance order and judging panel, and more just which corps were better on any given night. No one corps performs exactly the same contest to contest, so I think it's more likely that a corps having a stellar performance, or having an off night that creates the change.