Madison Scouts 2011

Just do the entire '93 show again. I'd be cool with that. Waaaay cool with that. :smile:

Especially the ending. Now that's how you write original music for drum corps! Not a smidgen of chop, or bop.

• Like 1

I have a viscerally negative reaction to anything Smith writes.

Best of luck to Madison with him at the helm, though.

Your VISCERALLY negative reaction is just your guts twisting from Scouts passing The something Knights...

That's just my take on it..

Seems you posted that you thought Madison 1995 was the most boring show to you as was Madison Scouts 2010.. Maybe it's just time you walk away from this drum corps and never look back. Really. Really.

MYNWA while doing so

• Like 1

Especially the ending. Now that's how you write original music for drum corps! Not a smidgen of chop, or bop.

I watched that finals broadcast live in a friend's basement as the Scouts performed in the rain. Such an energetic show and really started the night off with a bang. Awesome memories of an awesome show.

I have a viscerally negative reaction to anything Smith writes.

Best of luck to Madison with him at the helm, though.

Kinda-sorta agree with you here with a pretty big exception.

I'm not a huge fan of his concert band stuff. Recently I haven't really been a fan of his Glassmen arrangements either.

BUT

I can't really argue with what he did at Suncoast. GREAT charts all throughout that decade. If Madison is trying to get the same old-school thing out of Smith that they got out of Prime I'll be all for it.

Your VISCERALLY negative reaction is just your guts twisting from Scouts passing The something Knights...

That's just my take on it..

Seems you posted that you thought Madison 1995 was the most boring show to you as was Madison Scouts 2010.. Maybe it's just time you walk away from this drum corps and never look back. Really. Really.

MYNWA while doing so

:smile:

madison scouts 2010 was excellent from the 5 minute mark onward for me. prime made me like gershwin on the field for the first time in a long time. prime was the reason i liked BK this season, in fact. it's sad to me that he won't be the main guy behind the helm for madison's music in 2011.

Smith's writing makes me gag, but I wish nothing but the best for Madison with him.

Kinda-sorta agree with you here with a pretty big exception.

I'm not a huge fan of his concert band stuff. Recently I haven't really been a fan of his Glassmen arrangements either.

BUT

I can't really argue with what he did at Suncoast. GREAT charts all throughout that decade. If Madison is trying to get the same old-school thing out of Smith that they got out of Prime I'll be all for it.

yeah, if it's just smith arranging the works of good composers, it will probably be good. if it's original music...um....