Madison Scouts 2011

Quoting Jim Mason on Facebook.....

As promised to the membership at the camp this weekend there will be another announcement about our show Christmas morning and we plan on being able to announce the complete show at the Jan. Camp. By then, we will have all publishing issues resolved. Thank you for your patience and happy holidays!

That will be a nice little Christmas present!

Is it time yet?

• Like 1

"On behalf of the Madison Scouts I wish all in Scoutland a wonderful, safe and joyful Christmas and holiday season. I'm also please to announce "Oh What Beautiful Morning" as the second number in our 2011 production. We will be announcing the show title along with the rest of the music at the January camp. My Best, -jm"

• Like 2

"On behalf of the Madison Scouts I wish all in Scoutland a wonderful, safe and joyful Christmas and holiday season. I'm also please to announce "Oh What Beautiful Morning" as the second number in our 2011 production. We will be announcing the show title along with the rest of the music at the January camp. My Best, -jm"

Oh What a Beautiful Melody...

(opposite directions from the many darker music books so far posted by other corps in 2011)

Edited by Cop

As much as I like the original I hope they take some liberties with the arranging. Maybe even use the Ray Charles + Basie version :cool:

Either way, I dig it. If there's one thing I'm expecting from this show... it's MELODY in it's more accessible form.

My grandparents always used to sing this to me when I was little too!

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Scouts 2011 : Something New, Something Beautiful, Something Borrowed...

New = New York New York

Beautiful = Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Borrowed = ??????

(New York, Oklahoma to Miami)

Midnight in Miami :w00t: am I grasping to far here?

Edited by Cop

Scouts 2011 : Something New, Something Beautiful, Something Borrowed...

New = New York New York

Beautiful = Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Borrowed = ??????

(New York, Oklahoma to Miami)

Midnight in Miami :w00t: am I grasping to far here?

IF consistency is any clue (New, Beautiful....), then the third piece has the word Borrow or Borrowed within its title.

IF consistency is any clue (New, Beautiful....), then the third piece has the word Borrow or Borrowed within its title.

I feel you.. I was digging deep to make A Florida Suite fit.. , I'm just saying..

Edited by Cop

I feel you.. I was digging deep to make A Florida Suite fit.. , I'm just saying..

Ive started digging and there's a number of songs out there that utilize the word "Borrowed".... Borrowed Angels, Borrowed Angel, and many utilizing the title Borrowed Time (John Lennon, Styx, etc.)....