Madison Scouts 2011

This thread has more drama than ABC, NBC, and CBS put together! :thumbup:

Where would be the fun if it didn't? That's DCP for you! :tongue:

• Like 1

Well if the cat is out of the bag, let me say that the inferred show concept has the potential to connect hugely with the audience and be an incredibly emotional show to perform, and THAT has the Madison Scouts written all over it!!! :thumbup:

This thread has more drama than ABC, NBC, and CBS put together! :thumbup:

You forgot Fox and theCW/UPN/MyNetwork.

Y

Thanks for the hint! Realize that many people do not know the real theme behind Madison's show this season other than something New York, and if the show is a tribute to 911, people didn't realize.

If it is I will be very disappointed. As other corps had been BASHED for doing 911 tributes in the past. (CADETS )

If it is I will be very disappointed. As other corps had been BASHED for doing 911 tributes in the past. (CADETS )

Well if it is true, we'll have to wait and see. It's all in how they present it.

It could be really over the top cheesy and end up coming off like they are pandering to the audience, or it could be poetic, powerful and emotional. I feel that way about certain movies. There are some that express a theme artistically and with great style, while others spoon feed you the theme and it comes off quite schlocky! But something tells me it will be presented very well by the Scouts.

What Jeff said. And the Cadets version DID come across as pandering an cheesy because it looked just thrown into the show and then at finals with the fire trucks being pulled out of the station across the street from Camp Randall with all the lights on, it was just over-the-top cheese.

I was/am a little bit concerned about this myself. But this design team has earned the benefit of the doubt and this is the 10 year anniversary so it does hold some significance. We'll just have to see how it all works.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but it has been almost 10 years, so maybe the timing is ok?

I always say "it's not what you do, it's HOW you do it".

...and I enjoyed the Cadets' 911 tribute show. I thought of it as more of a tribute to their 1995 show than a 911 tribute show.

An American Quintet - The Reivers * Born on the 4th of July * Blowing Off Steam (from Far and Away) * Swing, Swing, Swing (from 1941) * Land Race (from Far and Away)

Edited by jjeffeory

Well if it is true, we'll have to wait and see. It's all in how they present it.

It could be really over the top cheesy and end up coming off like they are pandering to the audience

Please Madison Scouts.... WHATEVER you do.... " pander to the audience " until they overdose on the " cheese " and can't eat another morsel of cheez-its.

Pandering to audiences..... good.

Not pandering to audiences....bad.

As a personal request, say this 100 times before you go to bed tonite.

Edited by BRASSO