Madison Scouts 2011

Just out of curiosity, while at work, if a particular part of your job is going to fall under stricter scrutiny, don't you tend to pay more attention to it and work more diligently at it? I think goes for pretty much anything. The more attention is drawn to something, the more care and diligence is paid to it. I'd rather they strive for that than to fall into the mediocrity of "hiding" flaws.

Sure, but I don't go out of my way at work to create an issue to be scrutinized that wouldn't otherwise exist. That is just creating unnecessary work for yourself. And every minute perfecting the look of spats on the field and making sure it isn't a liability is a minute not spent on any one of the numerous things ALSO needing to be addressed. I remember hearing Jeff Moore speak to a room full of auditonees in 96, and stating that Madison is willing to take risks that other corps refuse to take. He's absolutely right. This was right about the time they started to be less competitive in favor of ideology.

I remember hearing Jeff Moore speak to a room full of auditonees in 96, and stating that Madison is willing to take risks that other corps refuse to take. He's absolutely right. This was right about the time they started to be less competitive in favor of ideology.

You're drawing parallels where there are none with this statement.

Sure, but I don't go out of my way at work to create an issue to be scrutinized that wouldn't otherwise exist. That is just creating unnecessary work for yourself. And every minute perfecting the look of spats on the field and making sure it isn't a liability is a minute not spent on any one of the numerous things ALSO needing to be addressed. I remember hearing Jeff Moore speak to a room full of auditonees in 96, and stating that Madison is willing to take risks that other corps refuse to take. He's absolutely right. This was right about the time they started to be less competitive in favor of ideology.

This.

Just watched the VOD. My response to a grainy video shot in mid June.

Opener: OUTSTANDING!

Everything afterward: it left me cold and alone

I think the middle is a bit muddled and will become more cohesive with time. Plus, with the video quality it's difficult to tell what is happening. I'm sure the second half of the show will require a lot more endurance. You can definitely tell they're tired by the end.

I think the middle is a bit muddled and will become more cohesive with time. Plus, with the video quality it's difficult to tell what is happening. I'm sure the second half of the show will require a lot more endurance. You can definitely tell they're tired by the end.

Go Madison Scouts!

Because we're the Madison Scouts...and we laugh at risk.

<3

• Like 2

I was at the show last night and can tell you that Madison had the crowd under control. The drill is still a little rough but it is difficult and fast-paced. The music was unbelievable. There is no need to guess what the show is about and looking around at the crowd, I saw more than a couple of tears. Mr. Smith is a wizard with the arrangements. Without a doubt, this show has the potential to be "THE SHOW" of the year. Great start, Scouts.

• Like 2

Question:

Do they have the same center podium drum major this year that they had last year?

Dude was #### entertaining. Great showmanship (something that is missing in DMs these days). Not to mention fabulous conducting style. I've seen too many drum majors get up there and just flap there arms like a 5 year old. This guy had his conducting #### together.

Question:

Do they have the same center podium drum major this year that they had last year?

Dude was #### entertaining. Great showmanship (something that is missing in DMs these days). Not to mention fabulous conducting style. I've seen too many drum majors get up there and just flap there arms like a 5 year old. This guy had his conducting #### together.

Their drum major from last summer was an age out, he also won the drum major award at finals.