Madison Scouts 2011

Their drum major from last summer was an age out, he also won the drum major award at finals.

Good for him. He was by far the best I saw last year.

• Like 1

I just watched the VOD from last night. It did not do the show justice. The sound was pretty bad and the video was grainy and a little out of focus. Don't judge the show by the video because there is absolutely no comparison to the live show and the whole range of emotions one gets. The crowd was pretty small, but the enthusiasm wasn't. Folks this is going to be a banner year for Madison. Haven't seen the other corps yet but it's going to be a horse race.

Completely agree with Ed from Kansas- I was on a plane to California and because they had WiFi, down loaded and watched- I actually got emotional and tried to hide my tears- I did not know what hit me, but this is truly an emotional and dramatic show, and I believe the more it is seen the more it will be understood and appreciated.........I don't want to guide too much, but I also believe it is genius....

Because we're the Madison Scouts...and we laugh at risk.

<3

Ya, that's a recipe for success in DCI, isn't it. Good luck with that.

Ya, that's a recipe for success in DCI, isn't it. Good luck with that.

Actually, it is. Some of drum corps most memorable moments were also giant risks. No need for the sarcasm and condescension.

• Like 4

After checking everything out last night... I think it is safe to say...

You Wanted The Best. You Got The Best. The Hottest Drum Corps In The WORLD... THE MADISON SCOUTS!!!

I can't wait to see the 2011 season unfold. I need to find out how much the tickets are for the Erie show! Can't wait to go East agian.

Whitewater Classic, June 30th. Show is sponsered by the MADISON SCOUTS! Time to dust off my jacket, or get out the new one I got for Fathers Day.

Can't wait to see you all live, keep up the good work. MINN. show is right around the corner, that show is not gonna SUCK!

PEACE!

• Like 1

Bozzly,

Some of the best things about drum corps....the things that make it drum corps.....don't show up on the sheets and don't get scored. Sorry to sound like a fanboy, but Madison is one of the groups out there who haven't lost sight of that reality.

Ten years from now most of us will have to go look up who won finals this year. The young men in Madison are learning things and valuing things that will be evident in their lives.

• Like 3

Bozzly,

Some of the best things about drum corps....the things that make it drum corps.....don't show up on the sheets and don't get scored. Sorry to sound like a fanboy, but Madison is one of the groups out there who haven't lost sight of that reality.

Ten years from now most of us will have to go look up who won finals this year. The young men in Madison are learning things and valuing things that will be evident in their lives.

I don't disagree (and sorry if I came off rude earlier BBMM)but what does spats have to do with this one way or another? I was simply debating the issue from a visual design standpoint.

Their drum major from last summer was an age out, he also won the drum major award at finals.

He (John Lee)is also the assistant director of the Scouts this year.

I don't disagree (and sorry if I came off rude earlier BBMM)but what does spats have to do with this one way or another? I was simply debating the issue from a visual design standpoint.

And you had a very good point. As a dad and an educator though, I try to teach my kids that "cool" (artistic) and "better" (excellence) are good enough reason to do anything. A quality life is not up for review by judges. No offense meant or taken.