Madison Scouts 2011

[snip - not worth it]

Please don't bring the "Why the TOC corps MAY be hard to catch..." thread into this thread, I think it works just fine in its original thread.

'99 has to be one of my favorite Madison shows. I wish I hadn't been 8 and totally clueless of drum corps at the time! ;P

Consistently under-rated IMO. And one of the few times that I agreed with crowd reaction at Finals :-)

there is no slotting - the corps that deserve to be on top will be and those that don't won't be. all based on their shows and performance relative to the other's shows and performances. there is no grand conspiracy and no smoke filled room with DCI executives plotting the course of scores for the season to guarantee the TOC corps finish 1-8.

And of course nobody said the World Class Slotting system imposed for the World Class Division for this year was concocted in any smoke filled rooms ( I don't think they even smoke ), nor that there was a TOC " plotting of season scores to guarantee the TOC Corps finish 1-8". This was just such a lame reply that it seems that it would need no further response from me along those lines.

But for the record, I stated that the Group Slotting System was an open and agreed too format that by it's very construction advantaged some Corps to the disadvantage of others. I don't think there can be much disagreement with this, nor that the World Class Division was slotted for this year. I also said that the imposition of such a system blows. This does not imply that the scores are fixed. Nobody said such a thing on this thread as near as I can tell either.

Edited by BRASSO

And of course nobody said the World Class Slotting system imposed for the World Class Division for this year was concocted in any smoke filled rooms ( I don't think they even smoke ), nor that there was a TOC " plotting of season scores to guarantee the TOC Corps finish 1-8". This was just such a lame reply that it seems that it would need no further response from me along those lines.

But for the record, I stated that the Group Slotting System was an open and agreed too format that by it's very construction advantaged some Corps to the disadvantage of others. I don't think there can be much disagreement with this, nor that the World Class Division was slotted for this year. I also said that the imposition of such a system blows. This does not imply that the scores are fixed. Nobody said such a thing on this thread as near as I can tell either.

Don't go there man, this is going to get ugly.

Don't go there man, this is going to get ugly.

What do you mean ?

there is no slotting - the corps that deserve to be on top will be and those that don't won't be. all based on their shows and performance relative to the other's shows and performances. there is no grand conspiracy and no smoke filled room with DCI executives plotting the course of scores for the season to guarantee the TOC corps finish 1-8.

Thank you Sir!

What do you mean ?

You know, g7 and THE MADISON SCOUTS! Just saying... it could get ugly. No need to bring it up in this thread, maybe bring back the " my head is exploding" thread and then talk about the g7/8/ champions/ whatever ... IMO, lets keep THE MADISON SCOUTS away from anything to do with the g7. Thats all, not much more.

BYBO men, have fun tonight. I am gonna.

PEACE!

That is absurd, and contradicts everything in your first paragraph, unless I misunderstood you.

Edited by BozzlyB

Consistently under-rated IMO. And one of the few times that I agreed with crowd reaction at Finals :-)

99 Madison was the first drum corps video I ever saw. It's what made me want to do guard. Unfortunately I'm the wrong gender to have been a Scout. :lookaround:

• Like 2

It's a thoughtful review, and a nice one to read. Really makes me wish I could see them live, guess I'll have to wait for Quarters in the theaters.

You should consider sending these/your thoughts on to the corps itself. They certainly should never tire of hearing how great a show has made someone feel and it will give the corps kids that much more reason to kick arse.