Madison Scouts 2011

Puleeeaaase! don't be a sore loser. It's 2POINTS! Accept it!:thumbup: The Blue Stars' show won't catch the Scouts. They have the talent but the show design is going to continue to hold them down.

Maybe... maybe not. Madison Scouts seem to have the edge on the Blue Stars today, but lets not forget that this was with a 5 judge panel, not 8( and not the 10 they'll be at Finals.) There are no Brass judge, Color Guard judge, Visual Performance Judge in these 5 judge panels. Will Madison stay ahead of the Blue Stars when DCI adds the full judge panels ? It's certainly possible. Maybe even probable. But it's by no means a certainty, imo.

• Like 2

Before everyone's panties are all bunched up, I meant to say skippy rather than sloppy but the typing on my 1st gen iPod touch is funky. I am actually pulling for the Scouts as there are amazing staff members there that taught me while at Blue Stars. But I don't think that the Scout's show, as it stands now, is nearly as difficult as the Blue Stars show. This is why they earn the right to beat the Blue Stars now at the beginning of the season because they are cleaner. But unless Madison adds more to their show, the Blue Stars will rise and execute at the end of the season giving them a better end product. And Mr. SFZFAN, its extremely naive to assume that if you 2 point a corps at the beginning of the season, that they are in the rear view mirror. Remember, objects are closer that they appear... tongue.gif

But I really am excited for both corps this year. Go underdogs!

Your point would be more valid if Scouts were only taking a caption or two. Scouts beat BS in every single caption last night except a few tenths in percussion. Don't start with the "easier show" stuff. Not the case at all. Scouts show (from the little I've seen of it), is very technically demanding and it is kicking their butt so far. They have a LONG way to go in coming close to executing this show to it's potential.

Personally, I'm glad that both the Scouts and the Blue Stars are doing well; does well for the state of Wisconsin. However, ever since the Blue Stars started beating the Scouts, again, back in '07; there has been a lot of bad blood. Competitive nature, I guess. The season is still, somewhat, early; and may the chips fall where they may.

Very very very much agreed on this topic. This show is a breath of fresh air. I also can't believe Jay-Z has made his way into drum corps.

Alicia Keys, actually....but I get the point. :tongue:

I think we can all agree that NEITHER of the shows are going to be the same on finals night, so the "difficulty" discussion isn't going to really matter until then. All corps (for the most part) get cleaner and present a better product than when they first came out. We should enjoy the shows performance by performance and admire the hard work these men and women have been putting in. We all just have to wait and see...the season has started! It's all about the journey. That said...GO SCOUTS!!!

Anyone else waiting for Empire State of Mind to get a real Madison ending?

Anyone else waiting for Empire State of Mind to get a real Madison ending?

It'll be a few weeks yet, but I'm sure it will help "finish" the overall program.

The song is originally Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys. Alicia Keys then wrote her own solo version which is what they are using for the closer.

The song is originally Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys. Alicia Keys then wrote her own solo version which is what they are using for the closer.

I know the progression, just making the point that it's her version. It's like any numerous amounts of remakes or arrangements of any song, you only know which one you're discussing when you have the specifics.

If you look at the history of the song, It's Jay-Z's song. Not that I like him, I just saw a video explaining the song...

Edited by jjeffeory