Scoring Question

it's called numbers management. fewer corps and more numbers available, so spreads open up

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which, imho, is BS. If a corps is box 5, they should be box 5, regardless of how many corps there are. Theoretically, with an additional week this year, the scores should have been more compressed towards 100 as more corps should have come closer to maxing out the sheets.

i doubt boxes change that much. maybe what third of the box, but that's it

Granny:

I'm holding out until I'm old enough that you find me appealing, unless you're one of those cougar types, in which case my 54-old youth and vigor might be right up your alley.

Oh dear, Mr. Boo...I'm blushing. To think that someone as well respected and connected as you would be interested in me gives me the tingles. Not to mention how fabulous you look in that satin green Cavies alumni corps shirt thingy...yowzers!

I suppose I should stop writing before I say something that will embarrass the both of us.

P.S. Since things didn't pan out last year with Mr. Hopkins, maybe I should reset my hopes.

Edited by Granny Smith

See? Here's the problem - IF Corps #12 pulls it all together and performs THE kick butt show of the night, should they be scored low in order to "leave room" for the "Top" 11

No they shouldn't, BUT keep in mind it isn't all just about the PERFORMANCE. There are usually several reasons why a corps is in position 12...or 20...or 6 and

it's not just about the performance level.

A corps can give the "kick butt performance of the night", but chances are if they are in the 12 spot their show was simply NOT of the level to be in the top few NO MATTER HOW WELL THEY PERFORM.

No they shouldn't, BUT keep in mind it isn't all just about the PERFORMANCE. There are usually several reasons why a corps is in position 12...or 20...or 6 and

it's not just about the performance level.

A corps can give the "kick butt performance of the night", but chances are if they are in the 12 spot their show was simply NOT of the level to be in the top few NO MATTER HOW WELL THEY PERFORM.

Depth of writing in the top box separates the men from the boys. The more responsibilities on the performer in one event gets more credit even if it is performed at 90%.

"Granny is interested in scoring and Boo replies"

Details at 11

"Granny is interested in scoring and Boo replies"

Details at 11

A Classic example of a double entendre. Nice.

Granny:

I'm holding out until I'm old enough that you find me appealing, unless you're one of those cougar types, in which case my 54-old youth and vigor might be right up your alley.

LOLOLOL!!!! :innocent::tongue: GITTERDONE!!!!