4. Into the Light

5. On Air

6. Rhapsody

7. The Red Violin

8. Apasionada 874

9. Heroic Sketches

10. Virtuoso

11. The Masters of Mystique

Also, if you don't compare The Red Violin to Spartacus (which unfortunately everyone does...) it actually was a pretty good show.. Just sayin.

1. Apasionada 874 - The single most underrated show of the decade.

2. On Air - Another underrated show overshadowed by its predecessor, which I thought wasn't nearly as entertaining.

3. Spartacus - Mainly because I was there for finals, and it was completely electric. Otherwise, I don't know if this would be as high.

4. Into the Light - Significant step up from TRV on all levels, beautiful beginning and ending, visual mess. Highly entertaining.

5. Virtuoso - Solid show, fun to listen to, not hard to watch.

6. Masters of Mystique - Would probably be better than Virtuoso were it not for the visual disaster. Fantastic music.

7. Faust - Slightly overrated, though not on the same scale as some other shows from PR this decade. Ave Maria was wonderful.

8. Heroic Sketches - Good source music, not a great brass line, bad drum line, bad visual. Could have been much, much better.

9. Rhapsody - Not last because the corps played the crap out of the show. Can't stand the source music though. Not a Gershwin fan.

10. Harmonic Journey - The most overrated show of the decade. I don't see the massive allure behind the show, at all.

11. The Red Violin - Not much to say here. Just not a good show on any level.

1. Apasionada 874 - The single most underrated show of the decade.

I wish I could agree. When I think of "Tango" I don't visualize what they had the guard in that year....yellow guard outfits from the Victoria's Secret "even we can't believe we thought it would sell" product line. They should have had the guard in all red similar to 1996. The music was great though.

7. Faust - Slightly overrated, though not on the same scale as some other shows from PR this decade. Ave Maria was wonderful.

I would rate this show much higher. I thought it was incredible except for one issue - when the heroine comes back to life at the end of the show, they put her in a red outfit that comes across looking like a "rooster" before she runs to the back of the field. What?

10. Harmonic Journey - The most overrated show of the decade. I don't see the massive allure behind the show, at all.

A show that played so well to the stands. However, I remember a youtube video where they ran through the show with a camera/microphone from the vantage point of one of the players. There were several horn issues on the field.

Edited by LincolnV

2008: Spartacus - What can I say? EPIC

2006: Faust - Prequel to 2008

2003: Harmonic Journey - Was privileged enough to see this show three times during the season

2007: On Air - Hated it at first...but grew on me fast. Those mellophones at the end :cool:

2000: The Masters of Mystique - Seriously, the most underrated Regiment brass line of the 00's. Too bad it was a visual disaster...

2004: Apasionada 874 - Piazolla has LOTS of potential, but it's more up the Scouts alley than anything...

2005: Rhapsody - Ditto above

2001: Virtuoso - uh, Festive Overture was great - Visual disaster hangover from 2000?

2002: Heroic Sketches - Sub par Horn book, awful drum book (the last Brian Mason book thankfully)

2009: The Red Violin - Just nothing there for me...