DCI Ageout Class of 2010

The real question isn't the number of ageouts so much as it is the quality of those replacing them. Losing 30+ people to ageing out can really hurt if the replacements the following year aren't up to snuff.

This, I believe, one of the many factors to BD's consistency over the years...a lot of BD ageouts came from other corps...sometimes following a championship year (2 Cadets that I can think of....I marched with one).

Sure there are those who age out with no corps experience prior to BD (me), but I have to think the percentage of people who go to BD to age out with is fairly high...both in quantity and (more importantly) quality. That minimizes the loss of those prior ageouts.

Yay, Cadets 2007! :tongue:

Edited by bccadet09

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets has the smallest amount of age-outs in years. Hopefully all the members go back and the staff takes advantage of that and gives them a great vehicle (not that this year wasn't great, but something that will make them feared next year).

It's always a good hope that everyone returns from the year before. That would be around 100 or so returners for 2011.

We had a lot return in 2009 (almost 100) and some of them had taken previous years off (08, 07). But I think this season had around 60 vets. I remember seeing so many faces I didn't know in the videos.

It's always a good hope that everyone returns from the year before. That would be around 100 or so returners for 2011.

We had a lot return in 2009 (almost 100) and some of them had taken previous years off (08, 07). But I think this season had around 60 vets. I remember seeing so many faces I didn't know in the videos.

That's almost the same thing that happened in 2000. In fact, the reason there were 10 snares was that 8 vets came back. They wanted to give at least two people a chance to march.

Here's a pic of the ageouts right before the ceremony that my dad snapped. I think everyone is there. ETA: This is right after we finished the slow-motion wave. Funniest part of the night.

mbn0g8.jpg

Edited by Dir_en_X

Here's a pic of the ageouts right before the ceremony that my dad snapped. I think everyone is there. ETA: This is right after we finished the slow-motion wave. Funniest part of the night.

mbn0g8.jpg

Whoever came up with that was a genius! I felt bad for the kids getting scholarships, because everyone was too busy laughing at the ageouts to watch the awards.

Crown had 35 members. Just realized no one had mentioned them