DCI Ageout Class of 2010

madisonscouts.org says 39 Scouts ageouts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever came up with that was a genius! I felt bad for the kids getting scholarships, because everyone was too busy laughing at the ageouts to watch the awards.

I kid you not, I was watching this process and the leader of it was DEFINITELY a Scouts age-out.

Just another reason why they're the most fun corps around. :tongue:

Does the amount of kids aging out of a top 7 corps even matter? Every year the numbers are similiar. Having 30-50 ageouts doesn't mean you will be weaker the following season, it just means 30-50 kids will come next year....to age out of a top 7 (or 5 or 3) corps.

Blue Stars had 29. Only 9 were from the hornline.

Wow....and they had a killer hornline this year

Wow....and they had a killer hornline this year

i sat next to one of their (bluestars) staff members at a show this year and he told me that one of there biggest issues was the age/experience/retention of their corps members. while they may not have alot of horn ageouts it seems that trying to retain their players may be a problem. he said the corps was very young, but their players get the experience and then audition for the Top 7.

i sat next to one of their (bluestars) staff members at a show this year and he told me that one of there biggest issues was the age/experience/retention of their corps members. while they may not have alot of horn ageouts it seems that trying to retain their players may be a problem. he said the corps was very young, but their players get the experience and then audition for the Top 7.

Its like that for every corps thats not the G7, unfortunately...

hopefully theres a stable staff situation there for next year, which will help the retention thing.