You're in a Drum Line?

lol. When I told my horn teacher I was coming to the states to drum corps, she says to me "Have you ever seen drumline? Watch it, just to get an idea of what you're getting yourself into"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely sensing a lot of hostility this amazing group of musicians and, if I may be so bold, ATHLETES. I believe this hostility may stem from your own fear of inadequacies and, furthermore, jealousy towards Mr. Nick Cannon and his amazing musicianship.

drumlineliveseancokes20.jpg

lulz, but why you mad though?!

Edited by Vanguard07

Definitely sensing a lot of hostility this amazing group of musicians and, if I may be so bold, ATHLETES. I believe this hostility may stem from your own fear of inadequacies and, furthermore, jealousy towards Mr. Nick Cannon and his amazing musicianship.

drumlineliveseancokes20.jpg

lulz, but why you mad though?!

... or it's a cheesy style that is an embarrassment to marching music. Like we don't have enough image problems to begin with?

... or it's a cheesy style that is an embarrassment to marching music. Like we don't have enough image problems to begin with?

LOL u mad?

Strap Up!!!

It's all pretty corny, just to varying degrees.

The HBCU Battle of the Bands draws 60,000 people in January . . . and is underwritten by Honda.

DCI should be so lucky as to have that kind of exposure.

as much as i hate, hate, HATE the "musicianship" and "clean beats" in the movie...#### i wish we had those dancers in drumcorps... lol

as for that drumline on stage crap: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i have the DVD as well...it's funny to watch some parts of that movie every year or so. for example, my FAVORITE part is when the school president or w/e yells "NEW BEGININGS!!!!!" in the band director's face and runs away... lol

i also love how snare drums playing can somehow change pitch...and as someone else pointed out, nick cannon's awesome skills (switching grips in the middle of a roll)...

The weirdest part of Drumline for me was seeing something different than what my ears were hearing. In fact, at first I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Then it dawned on me...they dubbed the drumline parts...Oi.

In all fairness, some of those lines were playing some harder stuff. They weren't the cleanest beats in the world, but you can find some inverted cheeses if you look hard enough :)