Will BD and SCV have any California shows

Great....awesome.....so how does that connect to the question of BD and SCV having performances in California???

We have gotten rather offtopic, havent we.

Anyways..

dcicoveragemap.png

A 'coverage map' i pulled together with a bit of insomnia and google earth tonight. Radii set at 75 miles (arbitrary 'drivable' length). Includes shows where at least one 2009 top 12 corps was present. (therefore does not include WC shows after the finalists left the west coast, nor does it include the open class tour).

I think chicago needs a few more shows. ngvdqg.jpg

Edited by AlexL

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 'coverage map' i pulled together with a bit of insomnia and google earth tonight. Radii set at 75 miles (arbitrary 'drivable' length). Includes shows where at least one 2009 top 12 corps was present. (therefore does not include WC shows after the finalists left the west coast, nor does it include the open class tour).

THANK YOU ... that's a GREAT map!

I was wondering if you'd consider doing some re-coloring to indicate show dates. It would be great to see this with, say "lighter colors" to notate the beginning of the season, and going to darker colors toward the end of the season.

And maybe smaller circles for Open Class shows ... as they are usually a "more local draw".

Edited by DC Guy

THANK YOU ... that's a GREAT map!

I was wondering if you'd consider doing some re-coloring to indicate show dates. It would be great to see this with, say "lighter colors" to notate the beginning of the season, and going to darker colors toward the end of the season.

And maybe smaller circles for Open Class shows ... as they are usually a "more local draw".

Let me take a look at the file, it might be a case where the whole thing would have to be redone just due to the limitations of google earth and the tool i used to create the radii. Adding the open class\non finalist shows wouldnt be as hard

Youre contending that some people should be *better* covered than others for no other reason than the fact that they live near more people. Its like saying a city should have 10 ABC affiliates if 1 will cover the area. Im contending you cover as much land area as is feasible, and you will provide 'coverage' to the most people. I didnt really change, more clarified. To keep this on the wireless signal analogy, the goal of most systems like that, whether cell or broadcast, is to cover everywhere.. but there are holes in most networks where it is not feasible to fill those holes in.

i'm sorry but it seems we keep seeing shows in places where not many people live and attendance is not that great. why keep following that theory?

Let me take a look at the file, it might be a case where the whole thing would have to be redone just due to the limitations of google earth and the tool i used to create the radii.

Not to mention the brain cells you killed making the map! :tongue:

Not to mention the brain cells you killed making the map! :tongue:

The slow ones die first. Gotta kill those off so the rest can be stronger. :thumbup:

I'm positive the Blue Devils and Vanguard will perform in as many shows on the West Coast as we always do, maybe even one or two additional....hopefully with a few friends from the east/midwest! :tongue:

We have gotten rather offtopic, havent we.

Anyways..

dcicoveragemap.png

I think chicago needs a few more shows. ngvdqg.jpg

Alex, since I have picked on you here. I want to publicly thank you for the map. :tongue:

Definitely north east dominant.

Now, show the map where 6 of the top 12 are. All of the west disappears.

Then show a map where we have the official DCI tour, where corps are required to play. Oops, Bet the west disappears.

My take is that the only reason that we have shows on the west coast is that the home corps put them on. Certainly, not much love from DCI shown there. But, if the corp directors are actually pulling the strings at DCI, then i guess that it is a form of competition NOT to embrace the west for whatever reason given.

which ones did we kill in Indy? I can't remember :tongue:

The slow ones die first. Gotta kill those off so the rest can be stronger. :thumbup: