Pioneer

the plan works both ways: for the success of the corps, and for all of the alum that push the pioneer brand on their bios, that have pushed to virtual heartbreak for a long time now.

As far as 96, without DCI punishing the corps during the last week, we were a 14th place corps and a three time repeat div 2 winner.. check your summer long recaps, and the percussion program besides winning div 2, were knocking with a heavy hand on top 12 status that year. Yes we were that good, and that's been history for 14 years.

as far as my "bowling league mentality comment," that was not meant directly to the current staff, but rather to say our staff in 96 didn't posses that, and that's why we were that good.

the plan works both ways: for the success of the corps, and for all of the alum that push the pioneer brand on their bios, that have pushed to virtual heartbreak for a long time now.

As far as 96, without DCI punishing the corps during the last week, we were a 14th place corps and a three time repeat div 2 winner.. check your summer long recaps, and the percussion program besides winning div 2, were knocking with a heavy hand on top 12 status that year. Yes we were that good, and that's been history for 14 years.

as far as my "bowling league mentality comment," that was not meant directly to the current staff, but rather to say our staff in 96 didn't posses that, and that's why we were that good.

What do you mean by both ways?

TOM 1995 was amazing as well!!!

TOM 1995 was amazing as well!!!

Well I guess I will take it as you are looking for some cash for your plan? Just watched your youtube performance. Hmmm. Interesting.

So in order to install someone who plays double stroke rolls on tenors along with a dj, we have to get rid of an extremely talented arranger/instructor/educator who has had what one year to install his percussion program? Not to mention the work he's done with the Pio Indoor line?

Yeah I can't be the only one who sees the irony in all of this guy's complaining...

Thank you!

Roman needs to start investing "real" cash into his corps by retaining staff that marched with the corps in 96, which we will now call, the legacy of the corps.

Biggest immediate problem is the percussion program lost ALL the fire it had, like a decade ago?? I'm already working on the basics of a plan that involves using the strongest percussion talent from that line, which are still in the work force either as performers, university instructors or visual design experts. "Folks, these are people feeding themselves from their skills," From the Pioneer drumline alone in 96, there is diverse talent to tap into which can effect most of the corps. The days of hiring local cheap college age talent has to end. Our drum staff in 96 was not local, not cheap, and brought us the hardware. They knew how to work us and they didn't have a part time bowling league mentality.

John,

I can't believe what I am reading.

But I'll humor you.... Define "fire"

Also, I must say, although '96 was a great year for the corps in Division II, just because an alum marched or taught the corps back then does it automatically give them the right to hold the keys for the 2011 line? Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle "green"? If you define "college age" as someone that is younger than you, I think you would be hard pressed to find corps out there that don't utilize this age group of people as instructors- even at the top levels.

I just like tuning in from time to time and seeing how John is going to save Pioneer! It seems terribly self serving to talk here about it rather than just shutting up and doing it! Just MHO... :spitting:

And out comes the blazing guns, as I said the Alums of your Corps can do alot. PIONEER can be in finals in 2 yrs, I know it can be done.

A little shout out to this John alum of yours, Cash and Drum Corps dont mix well with most Corps. Most people do not do Drum Corps for the cash.

Does Pioneer have someone writing grants? I tend to think not. My brother is an executive director of a smallish non-profit and just received a $45,000 grant from the Greater Milwaukee Foundation. I've said this before, there are tons of resources in the Milwaukee area and I don't think Pioneer is taking advantage of them. I have volunteered to help and will put the offer out there again.

About the smallish non-profit my brother runs, it is an arts education organization. My bro has no arts background what so ever but he is a great administrator. His organization is successful because he hires the right people for the job and lets them do it, he focuses on budgets, goading his board to raise more money, successful grant applications and not trying to run the programming aspect.