Prior to Finals Retreat....

I know there has been dialogue regarding Star's performance. Even so, I'm surprised no one has commented on the other stuff that went on the night of finals between BD and the actual retreat.

As far as the I&E performances, firstly I commend the performers for not only winning but having the courage to re-perform under those circumstances. You guys are awesome. Having said that, I can't believe DCI had these poor folks go out and do their performance A) at that point in time, and B) in that environment. At that point I'm not sure anyone even cared. Even the hall of famers weren't paying attention. Completely unfair to those I&E folks.

Wonder why the age-outs started doing the wave during the scholarship time? Because they were bored stiff. I support the scholarship activity, thats just not the time or place.

I enjoyed Star's performance, but the time between BD and the actual retreat took FOREVER. Way, way too long.

I seriously hope DCI re-thinks the whole appraoch to using that time.

Once retreat started, it went well. Loved having the Marines back, the score announcement went quickly and that was it. Easy enough. Just very painful getting to that point.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused..... Star's peformance was on Semis night and there was no retreat. This is also when they did some awards and stuff. I agree with you about the I&E stuff.....that was just missplaced period.

As for Finals night, I loved the Marines being back, although they could not be heard where they were located in that huge blimp hangar that we call Lucas Oil Stadium.

I thought retreat was done well and in time.

I agree. Ditch those I&E performances next year. Semis was a long night anyways, with 17 corps, an alumni corps, and the ageout thing. Most of the crowd was entirely disinterested in the I&E performances, and just wanted to see Star. I hope DCI ditches this for next year.

Edited by AlexL

Had my own doubts about the wisdom of asking the I&E winners to perform under such conditions. As for the wave, can't argue about the distraction. HOWEVER, that slow-motion wave was one of the visual highlights of the weekend for me!

HH

This!! :tongue::thumbup:

I'm confused..... Star's peformance was on Semis night and there was no retreat. This is also when they did some awards and stuff. I agree with you about the I&E stuff.....that was just missplaced period.

As for Finals night, I loved the Marines being back, although they could not be heard where they were located in that huge blimp hangar that we call Lucas Oil Stadium.

I thought retreat was done well and in time.

I heard them very well...Section 241.

I know there has been dialogue regarding Star's performance. Even so, I'm surprised no one has commented on the other stuff that went on the night of finals between BD and the actual retreat.

As far as the I&E performances, firstly I commend the performers for not only winning but having the courage to re-perform under those circumstances. You guys are awesome. Having said that, I can't believe DCI had these poor folks go out and do their performance A) at that point in time, and B) in that environment. At that point I'm not sure anyone even cared. Even the hall of famers weren't paying attention. Completely unfair to those I&E folks.

Wonder why the age-outs started doing the wave during the scholarship time? Because they were bored stiff. I support the scholarship activity, thats just not the time or place.

I enjoyed Star's performance, but the time between BD and the actual retreat took FOREVER. Way, way too long.

I seriously hope DCI re-thinks the whole appraoch to using that time.

Once retreat started, it went well. Loved having the Marines back, the score announcement went quickly and that was it. Easy enough. Just very painful getting to that point.

Are you talking about this year? Saturday? I was there. There was no delay. The evening went like clockwork. The I&E winners did not perform on Finals night. As far as Semis...here's an idea. When the last corps has completed...leave the stadium and check the scores online, either later that evening or in the morning. Trust me, you'll feel better.

gotta agree. poor kid's are playing their hearts out and the age outs decide to be enteratining in their own right ( and FYI, i just did the slo mo waves because it was that #### funny).

but...i felt bad for Potter trying to talk and the kids playing. IMO, the age outs should have known better.

Had my own doubts about the wisdom of asking the I&E winners to perform under such conditions. As for the wave, can't argue about the distraction. HOWEVER, that slow-motion wave was one of the visual highlights of the weekend for me!

HH

Are you talking about this year? Saturday? I was there. There was no delay. The evening went like clockwork. The I&E winners did not perform on Finals night. As far as Semis...here's an idea. When the last corps has completed...leave the stadium and check the scores online, either later that evening or in the morning. Trust me, you'll feel better.

Except, we had to wait for the I&E stuff in order to see Star.