Where does 2010 fit in the past 10 years or so

I would agree with those that think it was the best year in the past 10, especially in the top 12. (And that is not to say I didn't enjoy 13-23.) The thing that I will remember about this year is not only how great so many of shows were, but also the GREAT variety in them. That makes it a lot of fun for the fans!

Of course, all of us in Ohio will also remember 2010 for the year we got a medalist!!!

I would agree with those that think it was the best year in the past 10, especially in the top 12. (And that is not to say I didn't enjoy 13-23.) The thing that I will remember about this year is not only how great so many of shows were, but also the GREAT variety in them. That makes it a lot of fun for the fans!

Of course, all of us in Ohio will also remember 2010 for the year we got a medalist!!!

R L - -agree with the variety -- but I still want to be able to walk out of a stadium being able to remember tunes EVERY corps played finals night. To that end, I cannot give 2010 a higher nod than some -- but I do think it was a great year in comparison to the past 5 or 6.

I'm not a fan of most of the electronics and amps and stuff, but this was easily the best year I can remember, overall, since 2000.

typically, i really get into about 5-6 shows per year. it's just about always been that way. this year, it's closer to 10.

what do you think?

Great year for performances and most truly captivated me.

R L - -agree with the variety -- but I still want to be able to walk out of a stadium being able to remember tunes EVERY corps played finals night.

I guess it depends on what you're familiar with going in. Phantom and Glassmen are the only finalists that didn't include at least some music I was already familiar with. Glassmen is the only one I can't now hum at least part of.