Live from sultry Senoia!

East coweta drumline is bringing the corps on the field for retreat. Scores next.

Shenandoah sound-64.413

Sun devils-77.938

alliance-84.188

CorpsVets-83.100

High color guard and visual - cv

High brass, percussion and effect-alliance

Cv - holy crap!!! That is a whole lotta book!!!!!!

This will come down to execution. IMO cv has a LOT more demand but alliance had better execution. Cv wins guard.

I made it up to the show tonight and I agree with you on the guard comment... though I will disagree on the demand comment. I just don't see it - or hear it for that matter. I think CV's show is deceptive in its demand. It is very flashy and programed to appear hard. Regardless, execution always wins out... so maybe the just need to clean up. With that being said, staging appears to be much better by CV than Alliance as far as the guard is concerned. No contest there. There were just too many rough moments in CV's show musically for me to put them in the same boat tonight (the opposite of what I felt at the Dome). All in all, I think the judges scored them correctly at the two shows I have witnessed this year (Dome and tonight) and I see Alliance pulling away in Rochester - as they seem to always catch more steam this time of the year, the past couple seasons.

Good show by all! I was really pleased to see SS so improved over year's past. Sun Devils have grown up a lot and I hope they clean up their performance even more to make that Class A Finals push. They have the show to take them there, they just need to work on their execution.

I enjoyed each performance in their own respect. Alliance's and Shenandoah's concepts seemed to come off the easiest, though I can see where the 360 idea is worked in with CV's show. It just seems like it would have made more sense if it had ended just like it began (ala Cavies 03), but still a nice concept. It seemed the CV home crowd was very receptive to each group (obviously more so with CV). As far as entertainment goes, if I had to pick a junior corps to describe Alliance, I would have picked the Blue Knights of 02-09 era. CV is harder to pin point - they look like Madison, but sound like a mini Cadets. It messes with the senses... :cool:

Can't wait to see how these corps due in Rochester. I feel certain this is going to be a good year for the South. CV is MUCH improved over last year and Alliance appears to have picked up where they left off. Throw Sun Devils stronger push for Class A Finals and an improved Shenandoah, and you have a strong region!

Looking forward to it!

CV and DCA South put on a great show. :lookaround: Although the venue was a middle school with a minimal sized grandstand, it was full of enthusiastic drumcorps fans with endless Southern hospitality. From my perspective on the 50 yard liine, they came out in mass to cheer their boys, even the first corps to perform from up North was well received. All four corps put on a great show.

My sources tell me Dick that you are not allowed to wander to far from the 50.

Good luck see you in Rochester old frined.

Good luck see you in Rochester old frined.

Its an age thing :worthy: I plan on marching forever. They will have to bury me on the 50. :tongue:

Thanks Dick!

Its an age thing :worthy: I plan on marching forever. They will have to bury me on the 50. :tongue:

Thanks Dick!

...as the last note fades off into the night, right?

Sorry I again missed an opportunity to meet you and some of the other Shen folks, Dick! i was a little busy circling my preferred burial plot, too. Great night of drum corps, for sure, and best of luck in two weeks!

Is wandering a new visual?