What direction will BD take in 2011?

YOWZA!! Forgot that one, but yup.

(I wasn't here in 2005, so I can't really speak to how DCP received that show.)

yeah..I had my reviews deleted from the BD site.....not pretty at all. Glad that didnt catch on !!! "Couple no 20, couple no 19, couple no...oh boy "

G

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two extremes at work here. One involves the claim that BD's show is super-lamo-boring-easy-pretentious-designed for judges crap that nobody really likes except for friends and family of BD. The other extremes claims that BD 2010 is some sort of drum messiah that is super innovative and revolutionary and game changing and all other corps are the same but not BD no BD is brave and different and misunderstood and from California and everybody is jealous of them and scared and that's why they don't clap quite as much as I would like!

Both extremes are utterly ridiculous. Both try to speak for the audience, which as we have learned this summer is a big bad s00per no no.

BD 2010 was superbly designed and executed. It destroyed its opposition. It was undefeated. It is legendary already. But there are several shows that could fit the same description, but only a few of them were revolutionary. And none of them were Drum Corps Christ Incarnate, which is the claim one of our more enthusiastic BD supporters seems to be making.

I just think it was an awesome show, fun to watch, fun to hear and I liked it. Dont know, or care of its groundbreaking, innovative...etc..Im glad it won, but I would have loved it just the same had it came in fourth.

G

I will PM you as I have before. Understand that this is about balance. Yin and yang. Nothing more.

I've watched outragious things go unchallenged, become normal and percieved as truth. It's not good.

It's funny that you seem to be of the mind that crowd reaction, people's perceptions, etc. aren't anything indicative of BD's overall appeal, but a lowly internet forum of which an extremely small percentage of drum corps fans even know about is where the buck stops when it comes to truth.

I dig your passion.

mike you forgot these two

Looooove

but, where are we?

Edited by bluecoats88

well....let's see. DCI has gone from 25000 fans at finals to maybe 15000 in 4 years. Sure the economy hurts, but you continue to see and hear more and more complaining about show design. do you think there is no correlation whatsoever?

now granted, as i said the economy may have played some part. But in an activity crying for more and more money, seeing more and more fans walk away because of the product SHOULD be sending some kind of alarm message to the designers.

I went to 5 shows this summer. none were SRO.

Man am I glad you brought that up!! Holy Hannah from Savannah, Jeff. And where (using my best Church Lady voice and stare)..was that 25,000 at finals.....hmmmmm.....SATAN????? :tongue: LA dude!!!!

Then the next year we could barely get everyone in the stands at Bloomington...need I say more. Henny Penny ain't happenin', try another argument. You and others are really reaching with that second bolded thought. This might be wishful thinking on your part to prove some bizarre point, but mostly it's just conjecture. But you know Jeff, in retrospect this year was the year of avante garde, huh? Madison, BC, Cavies, CC, BK, Cadets, Boston, Phantom, et al....everyone going all Picasso on us! :worthy:

It's funny that you seem to be of the mind that crowd reaction, people's perceptions, etc. aren't anything indicative of BD's overall appeal, but a lowly internet forum of which an extremely small percentage of drum corps fans even know about is where the buck stops when it comes to truth.

I dig your passion.

Not reven remotely where the bucks stops. But tiny seeds of untruth, left alone, grow into big ugly liars trees. And like Barney Fife says..."You got to nip it in the bud! Nip it!"

Consider yourself nipped! :tongue:

So right! It's actually amusing to watch! :tongue:

Oh Please. Talk about being defensive. BD is a great corps, great musicians and staff. But quite a few of us (have you noticed:) are less than enchanted with their program. I saw it once and passed up the chance to pay to see it again. Hmm. Wonder if that means anything. Again, great corps, great musicians, great staff. Program: Bleah. Or Bleuh.

Oh Please. Talk about being defensive. BD is a great corps, great musicians and staff. But quite a few of us (have you noticed:) are less than enchanted with their program. I saw it once and passed up the chance to pay to see it again. Hmm. Wonder if that means anything. Again, great corps, great musicians, great staff. Program: Bleah. Or Bleuh.

So......there is some enchantment going on.....we have a chance...cool! :tongue:

($1 to Jim Carrey)