Thank You to Star United

Scooter nailed his solos at Indy!

Thanks Donny.

Whenever there's a 35' tall image of Donnie Van Doren on the Jumbotron looking down on you and saying "Play well, or you're gonna run!," one becomes motivated to perform as best as possible.

Besides, I'm too old and too fat to run laps.

...And before you even ask: no, that wasn't a puddle of apple juice I was standing in.

See you at DCA!!!! Can't wait to hear Ghost Riders this year!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you know that the design staff holds your opinions in very high regard, Strutta.

Also, you would be glad to know that the Star Alumni Corps hornline was coached almost exclusively by Barry Hudson all week prior to the corps' performance at Semi Finals. Barry is a former longtime member of the Fitchburg Kingsmen (with a season or two with the Crusaders prior to Stah, errr Star).

So, if you hear a bit of a Dorchester accent when we play, you'll know why!

Go Sox!

Well THAT explains the high quality performance level you guys get to! Nothing like a fellow 'Dot Rat' to bring out your best!! :tongue:

Where in Dot did he grow up? Better yet, ask him what parish he's from as that is the only acceptable way to inquire about a Dot Rat's true roots! (I'm an original St' William's boyo...the same St William's Parish that had a band that went pretty much undefeated for almost 20 years in CYO.)

Edited by strutta

Well THAT explains the high quality performance level you guys get to! Nothing like a fellow 'Dot Rat' to bring out your best!! :tongue:

Where in Dot did he grow up? Better yet, ask him what parish he's from as that is the only acceptable way to inquire about a Dot Rat's true roots! (I'm an original St' William's boyo...the same St William's Parish that had a band that went pretty much undefeated for almost 20 years in CYO.)

Barry Hudson grew up in the Fitchburg area, not Dorchester.

Thank you to Corps Director, Sean Conley and the entire Star United organization for graciously allowing their competitors to use their conductor's staging at the Mini Corps Championships! At the request of several competing groups, Star United has offered to allow any competing mini corps to use their podium set up. Mini corps directors, if you are interested in using their podium/staging, please contact Sean via this board or the Star United website.

(Maybe some good luck will rub off it for the rest of us?!?! :thumbup: )

Thank you AGAIN, Star United!!!

John Moran

Corps Director

Mass Brass

I'm thinking "Trap Door" with an X right where Strutta would be standing...

An anti-MB conspiracy theory in the making...

I am so excited about this year! I can't wait to see all of you!

I'm thinking "Trap Door" with an X right where Strutta would be standing...

An anti-MB conspiracy theory in the making...

Ain't no way I'm going on the conductor's staging. I'll be in the back line where I belong thank you very much....but everyone IS against me...that much I KNOW!

Let the games BEGIN!!!

They haven't played a note at this championship and Sinewave are already mixin it up!

THAT'S the attitude we love to see!!

Good luck guys!!!

(Oh...and there's NEVER a problem hearing the rest of your corps in that room with that crowd...corps without a conductor do fine.)

Edited by strutta