Glee show?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

What he said.

No. There is nothing original about any of their music. Taking the music that Glee has done and calling a field show "Glee" is like taking the music of Frank Sinatra and calling it "Buble". It's not giving credit to any of the original artists. It might be that I really don't like the TV show, but I would probably go get a hot dog if someone brought out a Glee show and I'm a person who only leaves my seat when intermissions happen (usually INT can be heard from the concourse and I'm a music first guy so it's all good).

I think that would be a tough sell. Glee is an entertaining show, but they do cover versions of pop music, standards and show tunes, all of which have their own identity. Tying in Glee would be, um, I am going to give this a shot: programmatically problematic. Hehe.

On a side note, I like the acapella duet of Poker Face that Indina Menzel and Lea Michelle performed in that show.

Edited by runyancm

That would only lead to another show during intermission called "Will Beats Himself Into Unconsciousness."

That would be part of the show, but Sue Syvester would be doing the beating. :tongue:

Ha. Remember when all those corps did those fantastic shows based on the music of "Shields & Yarnell" (RIP Lorraine), "The Carol Burnett Show" and "Miami Vice?"

Me neither.