DCI Rant

Don't worry about it, when I marched I was 6'1" 150, and ended my career at 6'3" 150 with a very fast metabulism. Just wait until you get the desk job and that metabulism slows down, then you've got to adjust your eating habits or you will beef up to a normal man's build.

Haha, my dad keeps saying the same thing. Keeps telling me once I get a job as a band director, the stress-eating will start, and I'll jump up in weight. So I just hope I can stay on top of it and keep exercising. I started my DCI career at 6'0" 130, and now I'm at 6'3" 150. So moving up in the world, we'll see what happens to me post age-out.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee you this wouldn't have been an issue if corps were still playing on G bugles and they unplugged all the amps! Figure it out, DCI! :thumbup:

You forgot bringing back judges using ticks...

Haha, my dad keeps saying the same thing. Keeps telling me once I get a job as a band director, the stress-eating will start, and I'll jump up in weight. So I just hope I can stay on top of it and keep exercising. I started my DCI career at 6'0" 130, and now I'm at 6'3" 150. So moving up in the world, we'll see what happens to me post age-out.

You are moving up in the world! Haha, too funny. I stopped growing when I was 13 but I got sons. There were many summers when I bought T-shirts and running shoes on sale in 3 different sizes and by school start they were in the 3rd pair. While we're on the T-shirts topic, here's 1 of 4 I bought in 2010. I also have a photo of me judging in 1976 but I 'aint in a T-shirt. Ha :-)

2010-08-15-indy-a.jpg

edit: it's August 26, 2010. This evening I was looking for papers and accidentally found 11 pages of my 1978 3rd baritone music sheets...wow

Edited by lindap

I can agree with the numbers above... if you convert to kilos

I can agree with the numbers above... if you convert to kilos

I'm 63.2 kg and 1.524 m tall (approximately) Light as a Feather by Chick Corea and Return To Forever produced by Polydor. I found my album the other day. Gotta get help from the young people on how I can digitize my 100 album collection. Seems that albums don't fall apart. However, I like my new T-shirts :thumbup:

using words like"parameters" and "normal body" makes me wonder if you work for Blue Cross

No, I'm an elementary school band teacher who did a 30 second internet search.

Or using the low end of the "normal" BMI as a judge of healthiness

I'm sorry, where did I say anything like that? I don't need you to put words in my mouth.

You must be the guy who sat in front of me on finals night ever year for the last 15 years.

Nah That would be me <---6'6" 450 LOL