Random Comments re: Blue Devil Family Day

I'm not Trying to ba a jerk but,

Writing a Review of your Own corps like this really makes other corps think less of you!

One Show. who are you to say you're going to Win the High visual award.

Heh... 4 posts. Anyone, who within their first few posts, posts something like this....annonymously -- is someone we already know on the board as another screen name and they just don't have the guts to post their thoughts as someone we know.

::yawn::

Whatever.

What I really want is someone to challenge me to a game of video football. b**bs

like I told you at T.I., I can hook you up with classy, non-glitch players, just holla and I'll point ya in the right direction...........

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11. Overheard rumor in crowd that Madison beat Phantom Regiment. PRO: Good. CON: Hope they didn't have to sound and look like every other corps to do it. Where's the stripe?

ummm... that's interesting since Regiment doesn't go up against Madison until June 18.

Renegades are doing something about the future of the art form, not knocking it down as some choose to do.

Mike Andrews

Renegades Soprano and BDC Dad

This may be an appropriate place for me to voice what I've been thinking about for a long time...my excitement about the renaissance of drum corps on the Pacific Coast.

It seems only yesterday that I logged onto RAMD and read that VK was folding only a year after Freelancers and Marauders packed it in. I could hardly believe it. There were calls for DCI to intervene and save the corps. There were posts castigating BD/SCV for their lack of concern for their neighbors. When I look back on that day, I think of it as the low point of drum corps in our time.

Since then...

Each area that lost a Div I corps in the mid 90s has gained one back (Washington - Cascades; NorCal - Mandarins; SoCal - Pacific Crest)

The Div II/III scene has remained, and Impulse has been added

And NW Venture, SoCal Dream, and the Renegades have formed, giving the Pacific Coast a senior DC scene.

And I'm sure I'm missing others.

Plus the junior/senior corps from Asia that use California as a gateway to drum corps in the USA.

As one who can only be a DC spectator and supporter, I feel the most optimistic about drum corps this summer than I have in a long time. DCI did not need to intervene to save drum corps on the Coast - the people were there to do it. Enjoy your summer. Hope to see you in Scranton.

Edited by mfrontz

:

I for one love Lee's writing - it wouldn't be Renegades if it weren't that style.

Lee's writing is very good. He has deep insights into drum corps issues, and he writes with a unique style. Having said that I consider Mom (Dennis Mancini ) to be the best writer on DCP.

I like both Lee and Denis' writing. There also a guy in our guard, Eric, who is an excellent writer. I'm going to ask him to post a color guard camp review here. Or guest write on the newsletter...sumpthin'. He's a beautiful writer and knows just how to capture the moment.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

11.  Overheard rumor in crowd that Madison beat Phantom Regiment.  PRO:  Good.  CON:   Hope they didn't have to sound and look like every other corps to do it.   Where's the stripe?

ummm... that's interesting since Regiment doesn't go up against Madison until June 18.

... emphasis on the words "rumor overheard in the crowd" B)

Edited by drumlaw80

:

I for one love Lee's writing - it wouldn't be Renegades if it weren't that style.

Lee's writing is very good. He has deep insights into drum corps issues, and he writes with a unique style. Having said that I consider Mom (Dennis Mancini ) to be the best writer on DCP.

I don't know that you can compare drum corps writing styles any better than you can compare apple to oranges ... but Dennis is my favorite writer on here, with a number of others in a very close second. It's all good. B)

Edited by drumlaw80

Yes....I was fortunate enough to be able to read the Renegade Journal from last year, and I must say that Lee's writing kept me interested from cover to cover.

I also enjoyed the few articles he wrote for DCW/News.................keep em comin........

Edited by Blue Devil Legend

:

I like both Lee and Denis' writing. There also a guy in our guard, Eric, who is an excellent writer. I'm going to ask him to post a color guard camp review here. Or guest write on the newsletter...sumpthin'. He's a beautiful writer and knows just how to capture the moment.

your SO SENTIMENTAL................. :P

........or just MENTAL... b**bs

well.....sometimes I would concur with that statement..................... :huh: