DCP-I Proposal Limited Caption Changes

Not doing a poll this year, so make a post with your vote.... Yes, No or Abstain. This is also contingent on being able to program this...

Proposal: Predetermined amount of Caption Changes

My proposal would allow corps to have a alloted amount of changes to use per season. Once a corps had used them all up, they were locked with those captions for the duration of the regular season. The alloted number of changes could be finalized by committee (but less than amount of weeks) . However, I feel that the graduated point increase should stay in place as we know it. That would prevent people from choosing the max number of points from the outset. However, with this change you would also be able to make unlimited caption changes per event during the regular season. During finals week, we would keep the same system of possibly changing 2 captions per day as we currently abide by.

Rationale: To increase the Strategy involving Caption Changes and when to change captions.

Effect on the activity:

From a gameplay standpoint, this would change the way corps directors look at making changes. This would also eliminate the "1 per week" rule for caption changes. Directors would also have to plan changes in advance since there would be less changes than weeks (a midseason rewrite). Corps may choose to save thier changes until late in the season, allowing more corps to have success early in the season.

From a Technical standpoint, There is already coding for changes that is used during finals week. This could be rewritten to be a total number for the season.

Submitted by: James Hensley, California Knights

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello

This was how the league ran during the first several seasons. As I recall, we moved away from this model because we didn't want the possibility of directors "hoarding" their caption changes until the end of the season and then vaulting over people who had been more competitive for the regular season. Is there any kind of "Use it or lose it" deadline that's incorporated with this?

I think there was a change to make it so that you lose 2 changes per week.... but again... I dont know how much work it will take to program this.

No.

With the uncertainties of whether this will fit our programming model, Kadence votes no.

No, but will defer this with changes for another time

No

No, for the reasons others have stated above.

No