DCP-I Proposal Tour Routes

Note... This is contingent on figuring out how to program this!!

Proposal: Tour routes. Instead of selecting your tour, show by show, you select a week long tour in the week prior to a major regional or focus show. This can even be done for the complete tour.

Example: Instead of picking between: Oxford, MS, Sacramento CA, and Madison WI on the 12, Memphis TN, Boston MA, San Francisco on the 13th. ETC...

You will now pick between a west tour (Sacramento, San Fran, etc) for 4 shows. A south tour (Oxford, Memphis)... Mid West, North, Europe etc...

Rationale: To eliminate unrealistic "pond hopping" and "regional hijacking"

Effect on the activity: A change to the tour selection page but the code should remain the same, also... this will eliminate the tour selection editor. As far as coming up with the tour, Matt shouldn't have to do any major changes... He already thinks this way

Submitted by: Cloudhype, Mystré

Kadence- No. I agree with the need to "eliminate pond-hopping"/"cherry-picking" as you put it but I don't think this proposal gives the best structure to achieve that.

Glory of Music - No

No

No.

While I like the concept, and would also like to 'limit' pond-jumps, I would not like to take away the freedom of choice directors currently have.

Plus, some of the corps have jets! JETS! Man, I gotta get me one o' them sponsors...

Abstain. I don't know how well this would program without some serious elbow-grease.

No

No