Finals 2014

Ah yes, my old hometown. Should be a pleasant venue. Even if they did ruin the skyline with that ugly batman building.

Open Class could be in Murfreesboro perhaps.

Corps playing exhibitions along the riverfront.... :tongue:

Ah yes, my old hometown. Should be a pleasant venue. Even if they did ruin the skyline with that ugly batman building.

I HATE that building. Every time I've driven into Nashville I've cringed when I saw it. If I had to work in Nashville, I would want to work in that building because it would be the only place downtown where I wouldn't be able to see the building.

p525451-Nashville-Batman_Building.jpg

Montreal is the one stadium that rivals Lucas Oil for bad acoustics.

Well, the stadium the Als play in would be fine acoustically. Problem with that one is that it's #### small.

I HATE that building. Every time I've driven into Nashville I've cringed when I saw it. If I had to work in Nashville, I would want to work in that building because it would be the only place downtown where I wouldn't be able to see the building.

And it's even uglier in person. Such a nice city--that thing...yeesh.

Back OT, not in a dome (that's a must). Madison or Denver would be fine. If it's someplace decent I might actually go to finals again.

Edited by festive

Has anybody mentioned Jackson, Mississippi? Think about it...

1. Drum Corps history. I think that all those years........I think that one year is largely considered one of the most successful finals ever.

2. Temperate weather. Very nice temperatures in early August. You will not hassled by the need for a sweatshirt (Boston 1994). Makes packing the suitcase easy.

3. Location. Very close to so many corps, as the Mississippi region is a hotbed for the activity.

4. Entertainment. Just Google "What to do in Jackson, MS" and you will get over 200,000 hits. The Google can't be wrong.

5. Outdoor stadium. You will not be bothered with pesky air conditioning here. And forget the echo. The southern humidity will smother the sound before it has a chance to bounce around the stadium.

Has anybody mentioned Jackson, Mississippi? Think about it...

1. Drum Corps history. I think that all those years........I think that one year is largely considered one of the most successful finals ever.

2. Temperate weather. Very nice temperatures in early August. You will not hassled by the need for a sweatshirt (Boston 1994). Makes packing the suitcase easy.

3. Location. Very close to so many corps, as the Mississippi region is a hotbed for the activity.

4. Entertainment. Just Google "What to do in Jackson, MS" and you will get over 200,000 hits. The Google can't be wrong.

5. Outdoor stadium. You will not be bothered with pesky air conditioning here. And forget the echo. The southern humidity will smother the sound before it has a chance to bounce around the stadium.

I'm gonna assume you are joking, right?

I'm gonna assume you are joking, right?

Do we really need emoticons for this?

Edited by Dr.Mickey

Do we really need emoticons for this?

Yes. See my sig.