You know you're a "Fossil"...

Holy mackerel... remember that?

I think it was a combination of us running late and the show running ahead of schedule.

Never a good combination. :worthy:

First time I saw the Troopers it was under similiar situation - daytime show (early 70's, I don't remember where), they were waaay behind schedule. Their buses screeched into the parking lot, uniform racks came out and they all changed right there in the lot. Grabbed their gear and headed for the field, it was showtime.

Left an impression on my young mind :devil:

The equipment manager for our cross-town rivals owned a car repair shop.

One day he proudly told me: "Those horns didn't sound loud enough to me. So one night I brought all the mouthpieces to my shop, and drilled them out !!!"

WTF!

Guys having to wear hairnets if your hair looked like it MIGHT touch your collar! White bucks with black shoe polish around the soles! Music training consisting of "Push this valve in to play that note"!Two or three parades, followed by a standstill, followed by another parade, followed by a show that night! Gosh those were the days :worthy::devil::tongue:

Off the bus, do the show. No warmup, no tuniing.

You know you're a "Fossil" when your handle is FOSSIL50 and your name is Tim Campbell !!!

:-)

Fossil? If you remember this one, you were still walking the mezozoic.

You 'played' at a formal "Full Military Retreat" prior to scores being announced............there were some 5 or 6 Bugle calls & responses......started off with "Call to the Colors"......memory fades after that.....typically they were required at contests held or sponsored by the larger VFW & AL Posts. Last one I recall playing in was in '65 or '66....added something like 20-30 minutes to the retreat, what with the flag presentation, lowering, folding, etc. Anyone recall the sequence of calls?

Fossil? If you remember this one, you were still walking the mezozoic.

You 'played' at a formal "Full Military Retreat" prior to scores being announced............there were some 5 or 6 Bugle calls & responses......started off with "Call to the Colors"......memory fades after that.....typically they were required at contests held or sponsored by the larger VFW & AL Posts. Last one I recall playing in was in '65 or '66....added something like 20-30 minutes to the retreat, what with the flag presentation, lowering, folding, etc. Anyone recall the sequence of calls?

Now that is REALLY back in the day!!!!! :doh:

Fran, didn't that also happen at the 1978 prelims? Remember..."Move like you've never moved before".......Mr D.

If I remember correctly, I think we were running late.... Though we didn't always get to the show site real early we usually got a few minutes before reporting to the starting line... :tongue: (Mr D. didn't handle those "messed up time schedules" very well. :doh: )

Holy mackerel... remember that?

I think it was a combination of us running late and the show running ahead of schedule.

Never a good combination. :doh:

Oops, I must learn to read more of the posts before posting myself. :tongue:

You know you're a "Fossil" when your handle is FOSSIL50 and your name is Tim Campbell !!!

:-)

:doh: