You know you're a "Fossil"...

if you remember:

Tapping into the electrical system on your corps' school buses to supply power for the stereo in the back of the bus...

Passing copies of 'Drum Corps World' and 'Drum Corps News' around the bus...for that matter, the excitement of seeing new issues for sale along "souvie row"...

The Mark Twain Cadets' drum major commanding "Mark Twain, mark!" and the little hop they did at "Pop!" when marching to their "Pop Goes the Weasel" cadence...

There actually being (a lot of) people in the backside stands, even at local shows...

When you only know them as....

The Chicago Cavaliers!

Having to get to the stadium by 6:30 a.m. to watch a full day of prelims.

When making top 25 was a HUGE accomplishment.

Hearing Tony Schlechta try to pronounce your sponsoring VFW post's name.

Ah the good old days; getting ready for the early prelim start...making top 25 was great!

…Atten-hut! Mark-time-hut! (sometimes forgeting to call horns up). Make-up bags filled with boot polish. Sliced cucumber sandwiches on buttered bread. Practice in rain or shine. Attend contest rain or shine. Play for the grand opening of the fast food place, parade, practice, supper at the fast food place, warm up, evening contest with Senior corps, all in one weekend day!

You're a "fossil" if you now who the "A Line" was!!!

You weren't allowed to walk near the front sideline near the judges and you had to sit in the back bleachers.

And you most definitely know your "Fossil" status when you read other Forums where people refer to the '80s as BITD! :ph34r:

"Go Go Opager":

I remeber Pat Linberg's colums in the Olde "Drum Corps News" where she featured your "Go Go Opager" cheer. :thumbup:

Welcome to the shooting gallery John. :tongue:

Keep your head down..... :tongue:

Elphaba

Comp Guard practice on Monday and Wednesday nights at Jefferson Jr High cafeteria during the Fall and Winter. After practice, going and checking out the hornline in the band room to see who the cute new Rookies were (drumline too).

Full Corps Saturday and Sunday rehearsals EVERY WEEKEND after Winter Guard season ended in March. No once a month "camps". Luckly, most of us were from the same area. Doesn't happen that way now.

Ah well...

You're a "fossil" if you now who the "A Line" was!!!

Or marched in the A line because you couldn't march the field show for whatever reason (mine was work and knee problems).

Corps rehearsals during the week Fall/Winter because most everyone was close.

"Go Go Opager":

I remeber Pat Linberg's colums in the Olde "Drum Corps News" where she featured your "Go Go Opager" cheer. :thumbup:

Welcome to the shooting gallery John. :tongue:

Keep your head down..... :tongue:

Elphaba

Wow! Amazing that you remember that! Yes, (he says proudly) I did have my "Groupies" BITD. LOL! :smile:

You are now an Official "Fossil"! Welcome to the Tar Pit! :ph34r: