Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

two things...

One... Kidsgrove is THRILLED with Bridgeport's reception both audience and judges... when I wanted to talk about score, they mentioned critique very valuable... and great input... These guys are the real deal... let's talk about their program and performance and let the score take care of itself.

Second... Yes, they do have a lot of rehearsal time this week, but not completely rehearsal... they are on their way to Niagara Falls Canada today and after a long rehearsal Tomorrow will take Weds. off too and go to Darien Lake theme park (former 6 flags)... Thurs. Fri. and Sat. are all drum corps and they are REALLY looking forward to it...

On behalf of John and Rob Swindells and their great crew of people in Kidsgrove Scouts, I thank you all for your great comments and support...

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Frank...these judges are experienced pros....the argument 'the first time the judges saw them" has never worked for me..it seems like a worn-out rationalization.

----------

:thumbup::tongue::tongue:

To both comments...........

I'm sorry, I know this will get me labeled a hater or a whiner, or BOTH, but I believe this is so, and so do many others:

Corps competing DCA for their first time are NOT adjudicated fairly. There's "dues" to pay, remember???

Here's hoping that appearing in at least ONE show prior to Semis helps mitigate that somewhat.

"Taking Care of Our Own?"....:

The Hurricanes, Caballeros and Bushwackers all run DCA competitions. :tongue:

How many DCA shows did/does Kidsgrove run...... :tongue:

Just a thought.... :thumbup:

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

The Hurricanes, Caballeros and Bushwackers all run DCA competitions. :thumbup:

How many DCA shows did/does Kidsgrove run...... :tongue:

This may be the most stupid post of the year.

:thumbup:

Mike

Spartans '87

The Foundation Year

Proud Father of a Hurricane Trumpet - 2010

------------

:thumbup: Close to the stupidest post............ the year isn't over yet.

------------

:thumbup: Close to the stupidest post............ the year isn't over yet.

"Not EVEN 'Close'":

You ARE correct in saying "The year isn't over yet". As far as "Stupidest"(And it IS great to see your posts are actually being commented on) : We shall see, my pretties, just HOW "Stupid" the commentary on DCA Prelims & Finals will be after THOSE numbers and placements are out. :tongue:

Elphaba

"Not EVEN 'Close'":

You ARE correct in saying "The year isn't over yet". As far as "Stupidest"(And it IS great to see your posts are actually being commented on) : We shall see, my pretties, just HOW "Stupid" the commentary on DCA Prelims & Finals will be after THOSE numbers and placements are out. :thumbup:

Elphaba

That was actually directed at YOU. You said that Hurcs, Cabs and Bush have all bought their scores because they host DCA shows. If you believe that please back that up with some proof.

That was actually directed at YOU. You said that Hurcs, Cabs and Bush have all bought their scores because they host DCA shows. If you believe that please back that up with some proof.

Don't forget Reading in that mix. Doesn't MBI and at least one of the Southern Corps also host a DCA contest? Wow! Seems nearly everyone's guilty! Heaven forbid they might be a really good and efficient fund-raiser to get needed cash into the account, too? :thumbup:

"Did I SAY "That"????:

You should really go back and re-read my post. I did NOT say "Hurc's Cab's & Bush BOUGHT their scores" (Or anything else).

I DID say they hosted DCA shows.

Elphaba