Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

Really? Then tell us just what it was you were trying to say here....

"Taking Care of Our Own?"....:

The Hurricanes, Caballeros and Bushwackers all run DCA competitions. :tongue:

How many DCA shows did/does Kidsgrove run...... :tongue:

Just a thought.... :thumbup:

Elphaba

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An analogy was made earlier referencing baseball and possibly a Cuban, or some other team from another country , competing in the U.S. of A.

What a ridiculous analogy. The World Series (in Baseball) is NOT a World Series unless, by definition, it includes the World, as we define it.

The DCA contest, Labor day weekend, is also reffered to as a World Championship. How, given that Title, can anyone be excluded...? Symantics..........? It is what it is.

Welcome ALL. :thumbup: OR.....Change the Title to U.S. Championships. Just sayin..........

"Taking Care of Our Own?"....:

The Hurricanes, Caballeros and Bushwackers all run DCA competitions. :tongue:

How many DCA shows did/does Kidsgrove run...... :tongue:

Just a thought.... :thumbup:

Elphaba

how rediculous. just what are you tring to say? you really need to explain your self.

Really? Then tell us just what it was you were trying to say here....

"What I Said Was":

"Taking Care of Our Own".

"The Caballeros, Hurricanes & Bushwackers all host DCA competitions"

"The Kidsgrove Scouts do/did not".

"Just A Thought".

The post was intended to look at the subject from another perspective.

Elphaba

First of all - - Elpha... whoever you are........

Whether a corps runs a show or not......... what does that matter ?

Kidsgrove is here to compete - - they came, they saw and they conquered. Does that mean they should place last because they haven't paid their dues or hosted a show.........

Whichever person said that if we call it WORLD championships........ then that is what it should be was dead nuts on. If we are not here to ask every to join us on the field of competition then change it and change admittance to the circuit.

If you are here to compete, compete. If you beat people you only SEE one time each year.... so BE it.

That is what competition is all about.

God, get a grip. THEY WERE on fire. And they should have been judged as such.

"What I Said Was":

"Just A Thought".

Elphaba

I just quoted you. You requoted yourself in order to not answer the questions posed to you. Very childish.

You know as #### well as the rest of us that you implied a hell of a lot with these statements. Act innocent if you wish but some of us aren't as blind or dumb as you'd like to believe.

"What I Said Was":

"Just A Thought".

Elphaba

look it's nice to be patriotic about our country. fine. but what i interpret you saying........foreigners are not wanted. that is so stupid it leaves me breathless. since you won't say it i did for you. now try and back out of it if you must.

look it's nice to be patriotic about our country. fine. but what i interpret you saying........foreigners are not wanted. that is so stupid it leaves me breathless. since you won't say it i did for you. now try and back out of it if you must.

"Foreigners Not Wanted";

Wrong........ :thumbup:

Elphaba

What arrogance we have in this country. We have guests here to compete in an activity we all enjoy. Should they read all these posts, and most likely will, how would you percieve OUR reception should the tables be reveresed?

Again.........It's A "World Drum Corps Championship". BRING IT !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by melligene

Second... Yes, they do have a lot of rehearsal time this week, but not completely rehearsal... they are on their way to Niagara Falls Canada today and after a long rehearsal Tomorrow will take Weds. off too and go to Darien Lake theme park (former 6 flags)... Thurs. Fri. and Sat. are all drum corps and they are REALLY looking forward to it...

Tom, Where will the Scouts be rehearsing while in Rochester?