Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

Can you say Inspires?

That was really sad what happened to Inspires. they had a incredible show that should have scored much higher. Personally I had them battling for the top 3 positions.

With DCA giving props today to the JR corps style shows Inspires could return and fair a little better.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah....I was 6. Sorry I had no clue.

:tongue:

---------------------

No excuses Liz :thumbup::tongue:

I do know that Cabs hosted 3 shows this year. Under the supposed theory projected earlier doesn't that mean they should be in first place now?? :ph34r:

Can't say that's happening.... :thumbup:

-----------------

I thought first place was already determined................... :tongue: :tongue:

That was really sad what happened to Inspires. they had a incredible show that should have scored much higher. Personally I had them battling for the top 3 positions.

With DCA giving props today to the JR corps style shows Inspires could return and fair a little better.

Inspires had a great show in a year of great shows. they placed where they belonged

Inspires had a great show in a year of great shows. they placed where they belonged

2004 WAS the year of some great show but Inspires got hosed just like Kidgrove is getting hosed.

2004 WAS the year of some great show but Inspires got hosed just like Kidgrove is getting hosed.

Did you see their show Ed?

Because I did. I saw both Inspires and Kidsgrow. I don't think that KGS were scored correctly last Satuday. I do think Inspires were.

You seem to hop on whatever is the "let's complain about this today" bandwagon.....

haven't seens KGS, so I can't say. where you there to see it?

and I saw everybody in 2004. Inspires got what they earned. as did everyone else that didn't cross the line

How about we load up the buses on Thursday and Friday, get some rooms, break out the gear and go play?

Let's stop yappin' and start playin'.

The stuff finds a way of shaking out at the end.

I would be champing at the bit if I was in Alliance, Vets, Scouts, Kilts, Renegades or Bushwackers.

It's a contest for the field, not to see who shouts the loudest on DCP.

If someone gets "hosed", in our humble opinion, it wont be the first time and it wont be the last.

I'm a Sabres fan. Was the puck in the crease? Yup. Did the ref call it? Nope. Did Buffalo get "hosed"? Sure.

But nobody died. Life goes on and there's more at work than who takes 7th at DCA.

We aren't curing cancer here, folks. We're doing drum corps.

Let's keep it in the spirit of good competition.

And that includes the way we treat each other. Fans. Judges. Administrators.

A lot of people lose sleep over some of these comments...and its good people who are trying to make this stuff right for everybody.

I wish it was possible. :tongue:

But it is awfully hard to "hug" some of the people here that kinda need a hug.

Let's put down the keyboards and pick up the drums and bugles, flags, rifles and sabers (ok, so we have weapons, but they dont 'hurt') or buy a ticket and have a contest of talents...

...it's ALL good...

group hug

:thumbup:

A-F'n-MEN!!!!

Give this man a cigar!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Edited by FPonzo

Paying dues....

Remember Rochester Phoenix ???

Excerpt from Corpsrep's history of the corps: "Members felt that political considerations were preventing them from getting the scores they deserved from DCA. They were losing to corps whom they were soundly beating in such non-DCA shows as New York State American Legion Championship."

a lot of great friends were in phoenix. i was a hairs breath away from joining. althought short lived for 1 year they were great. as for the history. we beat them in all but one show in 76. N.Y state legion. so for anybody to say they got screwed all year long. well you be the judge. that's sour grapes. but they were my brothers in corps and i love them all.

Did you see their show Ed?

Because I did. I saw both Inspires and Kidsgrow. I don't think that KGS were scored correctly last Satuday. I do think Inspires were.

You seem to hop on whatever is the "let's complain about this today" bandwagon.....

I just see history repeating itself. Saturday!