Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

ok....then why stay on here and ##### all of the time?

-----------

Jeff, cmon, you know the answer to that one..........LOL!

:thumbup::tongue:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hot discussion indeed. Seems everyone contends that KS did a heck of a show in BGPT - wonderful to hear the overall quality in DCE has risen so very well. As to the inferences that the show was underscored because they were 'newbies' - just an absurd contention. My take on the recap sheet was that KS was down in just about every caption to the tune of 10 points out of 1st. If this was a 'planned' event and outcome - every judge on the field would have had to be in on it - get real ! There has always been and there always will be issues over results, but what may or may not have happened 35 years ago or whenever is irrelevant to the today. Many (most ?) of us who have been around for quite a few years, have seen or been on the short end of some 'challenged' judging outcomes in our opinions. Who knows - we know there have been some dirty stuff at times - it happens in any endeavor. A longtime friend and former judge for over 25 years was at DCI Finals - he said that if you went purely by audience fav - Madison Scouts might well have had a great shot at a much higher placement than they got. Never been a DC judge, but officiated basketball at the HS and College level for over 30 years - I know what booing is about - you can't please everyone in the stands.

Right or wrong - can anyone see a judging panel this weekend jumping KS 6-10+ points as some contend they should have gotten ? Not gonna happen.

KS will put on another wonderful performance and receive well deserved accolades this weekend. All the corps will be giving it all they got - it will be a true competition.

For those who are contending that DCA 'fixes' the results - you need a rest indeed.

Edited by coloradocorp

and i'll disagree 100%. and continuing to push that BS line only hurts DCA instead of making it better

I am not surprised at all to see you say that, Jeff.

I've never seen you be anything but 100% lockstep with whatever comes down from the judges. And that is your opinion, and I respect it.

I've spoken MY opinion, and stand behind it. That's all I can do.

That was really sad what happened to Inspires. they had a incredible show that should have scored much higher. Personally I had them battling for the top 3 positions.

With DCA giving props today to the JR corps style shows Inspires could return and fair a little better.

Really? They had a good show as I recall but I also recall about 7 minutes of stop time (or so it seemed)

I've never seen you be anything but 100% lockstep with whatever comes down from the judges. And that is your opinion, and I respect it.

then my friend, you don't read my reviews very often or really pay attention on here, as I've spoken out against things I've seen with judging many times on here.

Not sure if I agree or disagree Rich. Just here to STOMP YOU and you owe me a drink at the Holiday Inn saturday night. (I will still vote for your dance moves Dude........you're AWESOME..(for a big man)

:thumbup::tongue:

Obviously I wasn't at the show, but I saw the video. Some could argue that a video on Youtube can leave out a lot of details, but I do have the ears and eyes for drum corps. From what I saw and heard, they certainly were scored low. I wouldn't put them as high as gunning for Top 3 like some have, but I would've put them higher.

Percussion is a weakness no doubt, or was it a judge playing safe? I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I think some of the folks on here do have a case.

Its always a different panel for prelims and finals. They could make a leap over a few groups!

Yeah....I was 6. Sorry I had no clue.

:tongue:

"Six and No Clue";

Not that it matters, or that anybody really CARES: :thumbup: In 1974 I was "27" (Do the math) and had been in the "Activity" since 1958. I remember the Rochester Phoenix (As well as very many other GREAT "Senior" corps) very well.

Everyone have a great time at Rah-Cha-Cha. Best of luck to ALL the competing and alumni corps. :tongue:

Maybe I'll see you when the show moves to Annapolis.

Elphaba

Not that it matters, or that anybody really CARES: :thumbup: In 1974 I was "27" (Do the math) and had been in the "Activity" since 1958.

So... that means now you're 39. :tongue: